“Wonderful and unique flavors”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful and unique flavors”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is our second time to bar harbor and we couldn't wait to see the flavors here! They are unique, yet well crafted. They do not try too hard, the just simply do it right. Must try.

• Visited July 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We just left Mt. Desert Island Ice Cream. This was a smaller location up the road a bit from the above listed location. I have never been inspired to write a review of an ice cream stand until now. The flavors available were many, and amongst my family we had four of them. They were all so delicious--not overwhelming, just perfect. The two young employees were very helpful, patient and courteous while Iwas trying to make up my mind. Everything just sounded so good. I finally settled on the Maine Sea Salt caramel and did not regret it. It is the best ice cream in Bar Harbor.

• Visited July 2014
Montgomery, Texas
“Great”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Thought we head to Bar Harbor to finish off my birthday with a ice cream.

I had the Butter mint and it was great.

Prices are not bad for seasonal ice cream shop.

Haddam, Connecticut
“Unique ice cream flavors”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We walked by this ice cream shop every day and finally stopped on our last night. I had the Maine salted caramel which was wonderful and my daughter had the strawberry which she said tasted like strawberries and cream. They had a several others that looked just as good. Well worth the stop.

Visited July 2014
Charleston, Illinois
“Really good! ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had a double scoop or chocolate and the sea salt Carmel and my husband got one with whoppers. They were really good and I thought we got quite a bit if ice cream. They will let you sample a flavor if you ask too. Had signs that the I've cream was local and from organic farmers. We also had ice cream from the chocolate emporium one night and I preferred MDI ice cream.