“So good!”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine.
Darien, Connecticut
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stopped in here on a hot day in need of sweet refreshment and were not disappointed. The Salt Caramel flavor was my favorite, my daughter loved her cookies and cream. A nice little place right across the street from a park (where we sat down to eat in the shade - perfect!).

Visited August 2014

Vienna, Virginia
“Rich, creamy, yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We passed several ice cream places with lines out of their doors on the way here, so were surprised to find a small line considering the reviews. Maybe we came at the right time. Two of us shared delicious sea salt caramel, and son enjoyed butterbeer ice cream which he says tastes like a root beer float. Daughter was not so crazy about honeydew sherbet and I tried it and thought it was just okay as well, but I always think it's a good idea to try a sample before ordering something you haven't had before.

St. Paul, MN
“Great Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped in to the Mt Desert Island Ice Cream twice during a recent four day stop in Bar Harbor. The first time I had the Maine Sea Salt Caramel and my wife had the Root Ginger. The second time I had the Butterscotch. The ice cream is delicious! They have a wide variety of flavors and allow you to taste samples. The store is located right across from the Village Green, so we got the ice cream and sat in the park to enjoy a relaxing afternoon.

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Super Milk Shake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The milk shake was off the charts. While my wife and kids sampled and picked I kicked back on the bench outside with my shake and just watched Bar Harbor going on.

Long Island City, New York
“This is the Best Ice Cream ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The flavors are pretty exotic but after ordering/tasting pretty much all of the flavors (probably about 30) I've had one bad experience (lime cucumber). All the other flavors I've had I would recommend and have again. We spent one week in Acadia and went three times (twice to the shop by the village green and once to the small one just on the edge of town-- you can actually order an ice cream at one location, eat it on your way to the second and get a different flavor at the village green shop). Definitely worth the trip from anywhere.

• Visited August 2014