“Good food, kind service”

The Main Street Market and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Maine
“Good food, kind service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After a sunrise hike on Cadillac, my husband and son stopped here. The food was good, pancakes were more than good, and the cook was fun to chat with (they were the only two in there on New Year's morning). Prices were more than reasonable.

• Visited January 2014

Gorham, Maine
“Good service, so-so breakfast food”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I ordered one pancake because the waitress said it was extremely large. It was the size of about three regular pancakes but had little taste. My husband ordered an English muffin and side of sausage links. When I tasted a bite of his sausage, it was cold! My husband did not want to fuss but I asked the girl to heat it up. She did so but never said she was sorry. Even the coffee was so-so.

• Visited September 2013
Ellsworth, Maine
“Surprise”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I have never thought to write a review on here for anything. I have worked in the food industry before, and know that opinions can be taken seriously and potentially hurt a buisness that simply made a mistake. However, my past and most current experience with Main Street Market has left me appaulled. Often I have recieved rude service and once a hair in my food. Most recently, I went in to have a lobster roll. The place was boiling hot. After taking one bite out of my sandwhich I found a VERY thick black hair sitting amongst my lobster. I kindly brought the plate to the counter, pointed at it and grabbed a bag of chips instead. I did not want to blurt it out, considering there were other people there. Within minutes the waitress came over with a check and quickly aplogized. About five minutes later (as the other person I was with was only halfway done with his meal) the waitress came over to collect his plate and the coffee that he hadn't even had a drink of. She practically pushed us out of the door. I have never been made to feel so umcomfortable, especially given the circumstances. Not to mention a coffee cost $3... There are so many afforable and charming resturants in Bar Harbor, do yourself a favor and pass Main Street Market.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank TillyMonster1988
Southeast Texas
“Great breakfast, great local flavor”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Nothing fancy here--just good food, good coffee and a heaping serving of Maine hospitality. We ate breakfast here on 3 of our four mornings in Bar Harbor. Waitress was attentive (even though she was running up and down the stairs waiting on her customers). It's also open for lunch be we were never in town at that time. Recommended most highly!

Visited October 2011
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We ate breakfast at The Main Street Market and Grill every day during our stay in Bar Harbor. Their food is great, especially the blueberry pancakes and everything is reasonably priced. The staff is always courteous and pleasant. Store is very good too. Wide range of newspapers available for the traveler.

• Visited August 2011