Marian Burns, the owner offers wine & cheese from 5:00 to 7:00 each day and holds court telling stories, giving advice.. so much fun. It’s a big B&B, so there are a lot of people chatting. Fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and coffee are available afternoons and evenings. We stayed in two rooms, the Central Station and Newport, and preferred the latter because of its classy decor. Both were roomy and very quiet. The location is fine, it's fun to walk around the town. The owner and staff are truly local to Bar Harbor and have a lot of personal stories to share. They couldn't be more hospitable. There is a lot of beautiful furniture, lovely china, and a buffet breakfast that is fresh and imaginative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mira Monte Inn & Suites."Behold the Mountains"This historic Bar Harbor bed & breakfast inn reflects the grace and beauty of the mid-Victorian time. Each room features a fireplace and/or balcony and is uniquely styled with antique and period furnishings. The romantic atmosphere is said to be friendly, welcoming and cheerful. The morning full-breakfast buffet gets rave reviews; guests can choose to eat family style in the formal dining room, on the terrace, the breakfast porch, or in their own room.Mira Monte's mission is: to provide relaxation and comfort in beautiful, quiet surroundings of an elegant bed and breakfast inn. It's your vacation and you get to make the choices that meet your needs. Our friendly staff is always there for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mira Monte Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mira Monte Hotel Bar Harbor
- Mira Monte Inn Bar Harbor, Maine