“Irish Flavor that cant be beat”

Leary's Landing Irish Pub
Ranked #41 of 151 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A truly unique experience in one of Bar Harbor's hidden treasures. The music lures you in and once you've crossed the threshold, you'll be Irish for as long as you stay. The bartender, Zach was friendly and never let my pint glass go dry, just as it should be! I had the mussels and enjoyed them immensely. It was so great I came back at night after a day of hiking. The night time bartender Brian made my girlfriend a tasty fruity drink when she wasn't sure exactly what she wanted. Known for beer and whiskey, the cocktail he made was out of the ordinary but satisfied her thirst. Don't miss this place when visiting BH!!

1  Thank Jordan Y

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This has to by be the smallest bar I've ever been in by far! The sign is clever it says "the eastern most & closest irish pub to Ireland in America". Great music playing in the background,fun decor, and it's probably the first time I've ever been served a whiskey sour in a 16 oz glass which was awesome. I think my favorite feature was the games set out on the table, we played some retro trivial pursuit which was enjoyable. The thing that made it unpleasant was a musician was setting up literally 2 inches behind us (not a problem) but when we asked what time he was playing he was very rude to us. Eventually "locals" started to come in clearly to see him. My hometown is much smaller and the locals were actually born, raised, and live there year round and there are lot of out of towners from the city (NY) in our small home town bars as well, no need to be so unfriendly to those you don't recognize and perceive as tourists. Every time I'm home I meet a new interesting person when I'm out because I don't solely interact with my high school friends. Especially from a musicians perspective, you'd think they'd appreciate playing for new ears too. Oh well, left before he played. Disappointing, very rude.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you ever find yourself in Bar Harbor, be sure to stop into Leary's Landing for a beer. The wait staff is friendly and the food is outstanding. It has a true Irish flavor and music several nights a week. Below I accidentally clicked on the outside seating button, however, there is no outside seating. There are two large televisions and a nice fireplace.

1  Thank innkeeperpat
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stopped at Leary's Landing this past Sunday while strolling around Bar Harbor for lunch. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. We each ordered a drink he had a Heineken light and I tried the blueberry Maritini (very good). We ordered the lobster bisque and chicken salad Panini. We decided to share and it was a good thing the bisque came in a big bowl not a little cup like some restaurants and the sandwich was good sized we would never have been able to eat it singularly. The bisque was delicious as the sandwich with the bacon and tomato relish perfect combination. Definitely a place to try.

1  Thank allycliff
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Leary's was too crowded for us to see the USA World Cup game but we went back later for burgers and were very happy.

1  Thank Martha6158