“Good Rt 3 stop if you don't want to go into town”

Peppers Pizza & Subs
Ranked #85 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Bar Harbor is great, of course, but there are times when you just don't feel like dealing with finding parking in town. Peppers Pizza filled our needs: the need for a quick, tasty, inexpensive dinner, and the need to not go into town. We had a large pizza, half sausage, half mushroom. The mushroom (fresh, by the way -- not canned) was better because the sausage was very salty and tasted like it might have been a frozen product (had a Hot Pockets taste to it). Although I still had 2 slices of the sausage so... The crust was a little doughier than I usually like, but it was flavorful. Lots of garlic.
They also have ice cream (Gifford's, I believe). We didn't order any, but it's good to know that it's there.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The rest of my family got pizza by the slice and I had a premade salad. Nothing special but met our needs.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family stopped here in the middle of sightseeing in Acadia. We were looking for a relatively inexpensive option for sitting down and relaxing. The staff here was great, helped us get everything we needed to feed our kids. The price was very reasonable, large pizza with topping, 4 drinks came to about $25, and it was just a nice relaxing place to sit and eat.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place is very handy, located just down the road from the entrance to Acadia National Park. They have the standard pizza place menu, with pizza and subs, plus some baked goods and ice cream. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and your food is done quickly.
They just finished a major remodel, and the place looks better than ever.
It's a great place to stop if you want a quick, yummy bite before heading into the park!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was looking for a place to get a quick bite to take with me to watch the sunset in Acadia. Passed Peppers on my way and decided to stop. The small cheese pizza was perfect for dinner and breakfast and the brownie I had was delicious! Pizza was ready in about 15 minutes and the staff was very friendly.

1  Thank tine1281