“quiet spot”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Hanscom's Motel & Cottages
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We decided to try a small motel for our trip to Maine. The property is located about 10 minutes from "downtown" Bar Harbor, an easy drive. Our cottage was clean and comfortable. There is a small frig.,electric range top, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, dishes and cookware. It was nice to be able to open the windows in the evening and have a cool breeze while sleeping! I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ann297

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay at Hanscom's Motel and Cottages, just minutes from the entrance to Acadia Nat'l Park. We were traveling with our dog, and these pet-friendly cottages fit our needs, and were very comfortable. I spoke personally with the owner Mary Deane when making our reservations. She was helpful in making arrangements for our one-week stay, in two of their units, as there was not one unit available for the entire week. The cottages were filled every night we were there, which says a lot about the place, I think, as other places had vacancies. Very comfortable rooms, with microwave and refrigerator for easy meals and snacks. Many restaurants within minutes, and some were also dog-friendly, which made it nice. We enjoyed the short walk to the bay during the days. Would highly recommend Hanscom's!

Room Tip: We particularly liked the spaciousness of Unit 8, although Unit 12 was also just fine for 2 people a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CJK50
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is such a nice place to visit on such an incredible island in Maine. This hotel is conveniently located just a few miles away from the town of Bar Harbor, and is even closer to Acadia national park (One of the nicest places I've ever visited).

Room Tip: Aim for the beginning/end of the tourist season. There may be fewer attractions open at that time...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very Clean and Very Friendly! Updated rooms are very comfortable and lobsters delivered right to our fridge! Really enjoyed our stay here and we're already looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bannutt
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife and I and our two Great Danes stayed here in early July. The location is very convenient to Bar Harbor and the National Park, and the owners are very dog friendly. This is a rare combination, especially for large dog owners. We will recommend Hanscom's to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Cbowery
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Went there for three night with our daughter who is 3 years old. We were going to take our dog, so was looking for a pet friendly place. We didn't end up taking our dog. We stayed at Rm #9. Had a queen size bed, and pull out. The place was nice and clean except they forgot to empty out the trashcan before we got there. Otherwise it WAS clean. The rooms didn't not smell like dogs which I heard can be issues with places that allows pets. Didn't actually meet the owners since they were not at the office, may be due to being off season. But actually never rellay needed them. The room was adequate, big enough for all three of us. Love the fact that I had little kitchenette in the room, so made breakfast every morning. I love the free internet which we had no issues with it. Flat screen TV was nice also. Walked to their 'private beach' which is about 10 min walk. It is rocky so you do need a sturdy pair of shoes but really didn't have too much issue for me (I am 8month pregnant) and my 3 year old daughter. Place is a bit of drive from everything, meaning not walking distance to the town or the park, but I liked the fact that I wasn't in the middle of everything. I will probably return back to this plae again when I visit Bar Harbor again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank mjczoey
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I found Hanscom's while searching for a pet-friendly place to stay in the greater Bar Harbor area this spring. My husband & I were accompanying our son (and his pup) as he was looking for housing before he moves up to his next USCG assignment in a few months. We rented two motel units and were very pleased with the rooms. The kitchenettes are obviously new; they include an electric cooktop, microwave, small refrigerator, a small sink w/plenty of counter space & cupboards, and a small table with stools - all separate from the sleeping area. Hanscom's is a rare find these days - clean, very accommodating regarding pets, and their rates aren't unreasonable for many of us who usually find it prohibitive to travel and stay somewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business