“Great hot fudge sundae”

Ben & Bill's Chocolate Emporium
Ranked #5 of 30 Shopping in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Been to Ben & Bill's several times for both chocolates and ice cream. This visit I indulged in a sea salt caramel hot fudge sundae and it was delicious! Good size for the price and lots of yummy goodness in every bite... ice cream, hot fudge sauce, chocolate sprinkles, whip cream and a cherry... almost more than I could handle but I did pretty good :-)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have gone here many times in the past, hadn't been for a few years. The prices we kind of scary, but bit the bullet and got a medium. Over 12$ for two, but it was delicious as always, and a Huge amount of ice cream!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is the best ice cream I have ever had in my life - and believe me, since ice cream is a favorite of mine, I've had a lot of it over the years. But this far outshines them all! Definitely worth the wait, and when I went back on a different day, there was no wait, so timing matters. I asked about the ingredients and, based on the taste, I was not surprised to find they use the highest quality ingredients. They even make their own butter crunch from a family recipe that's been passed down for generations, and then chop up that butter crunch to make butter crunch ice cream! WOW! I asked for it on a waffle cone and the kind person helping me asked if I wanted one coming fresh off the waffle iron! Even those are homemade and amazingly fresh. Don't miss this!

2  Thank Honest123456
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If, like me, you love ice cream, and you're in Bar Harbor, you have to stop at Ben & Bill's. The streets weren't very crowded on the beautiful, sunny day I ventured into Ben & Bill's. The Chocolate Emporium, on the other hand, had a wrap-around line starting just inside the front door. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because it gives you time to read all the choices and then change your mind a number of times before it's your turn to order. Took my Chocolate Gelato out to a bench along Main Street and enjoyed every spoonful!

1  Thank gdadtraveling
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter has a soy allergy. Most places have no problem with this. The kid who helped us informed us that every single flavor of their ice cream had soy. After several attempts asking him what she COULD have in the store, he mentioned the gelato may or may not; we asked him which flavors (out of maybe a handful) are ok. Of course, he doesn't know. We ask him to check on a flavor. Ten minutes later he comes back and tells us it has soy. Ok. So what DOESNT? Apparently he expected me to go through every single flavor with him and spend all day waiting on him rather than just check the ingredient list and give us a couple options. We eventually just left. Seriously if you're going to run a business, know what the heck you're selling and try to have some clue about allergens in your products. Don't waste my time being a dip, just give me a couple options.

Knowing that soy is in all of their ice cream, and that soy is a cheap discount thickener, I don't think I'll be back for myself or the rest of the family. Soy is only found in the cheap discount foods where the owner is trying to save money. Obviously this guy doesn't care much about the quality of his ice cream... Or his customer service.