All reviews nice area to walk great location and price lay your head walking distance to downtown bar harbor parking spot rooms are clean flat screen tv acadia np short drive luxuries convienent pets evan supermarket
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. Now that I've covered the good, I'll get to the bad...

This place is a cheap motel -- except that the price they charge you is FAR from cheap. This motel is overpriced by a factor of at least 3-4! And what do you get for these astronomical rates? A questionably clean room with a rundown look, with nothing in it other than beds and a couple of chairs -- not even a mini-fridge. The mattresses are so uncomfortable it's impossible to get a proper night's sleep, and I was so put off by the bathroom that I spent two days there without daring to even take a shower!

The most frustrating was that for this price, breakfast is not even included. We had to walk to a restaurant in the morning and spend an extra ~$10/person to get something to eat. At least Jordan's Restaurant is within walking distance -- that's an establishment I can highly recommend, contrary to the Anchorage Motel...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank igal27
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Let me explain. You know when you watch a movie and the characters go to a old motel and hide out? The walls are usually faux wood paneling and the chairs are pleather. This is it. But for how old this motel is, it's in great shape. It was very clean. The mattress was not plush and the bedding wasn't either. The pillows were small and only two were given per bed. The shower was small too but clean. The wifi was very slow at best. It's within walking distance to everything in bar harbor which is a huge plus. No elevators. It was the most affordable option in town. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank floridagrl
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This was the last room available in the entire town it seemed, but it was a comfortable and quiet. It was a plain and simple, clean and cozy place.

The price was a little high for my liking but as I said it was pretty much the last room available in town.

Staff was really friendly and the rooms, though dated, were clean and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This motel is so close to town you can walk, which saves you having to drive in all that traffic. The rooms are clean and adequate. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had something I had to get scanned and emailed and Evan took care of it for me. We even had room to park our trailer.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

+ The rooms are clean.
+ The location is good.
+ The parking is free.
+ The staff are nice and helpful.
– The rooms are a bit noisy, but not very much.
– WiFi is a bit slow.
– There's free ice and I think it'd also be good to have some free water.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends