“Bar Harbour Villager Motel”

Bar Harbor Villager Motel
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Cessnock, Australia
“Bar Harbour Villager Motel”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We found this motel to be convenient and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was well appointed and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The motel was easy distance from the town and Arcadia National Park.

Room Tip: All rooms were similar.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We visited Bar Harbor last weekend of the season and stayed one night at Bar Harbor Villager. Our rooms were clean and we were satisfied with our experience. We will definitely book the place again as it is perfectly located downtown and near Acadia.

Stayed October 2013
Buchanan, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a very clean motel with above average toiletries, but very dated. The grounds are well maintained but there is inadequate parking which requires you to park on the pool grass. This is ok unless it is raining. The continental breakfast is typical motel offering but if a tourist bus has brought forty plus folks, find out when it is leaving or eat elsewhere.
The front office is very welcoming but the manager did not think it important to call me,as requested, regarding the below concerns.
PROBLEMS
Housekeepers informed us they were leaving our section but would return later. You guessed it, they never came back.
When we booked our room, no one told us that the Marathon started at the entrance to the motel, so at 7:30 AM the loud speakers started followed by a foghorn. Had we not been up late the night before attending a wedding, this might not have been "

Room Tip: This motel is in the center of town, so try for a room further away from the road.
2 Thank Martin R
CaitlinMeredith, General Manager at Bar Harbor Villager Motel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms, the quality of our amenities, and that you felt welcomed by front desk staff. I am so sorry I wasn't able to speak with you on the day you departed, as it was my day off, but I did send you an email immediately that same day addressing your concerns in which I welcomed you to call me should you wish to discuss them further. Regarding the parking: Occasionally, when we are very busy and someone returns to the property later in the evening, the only parking available may be on the grass by the pool. We are always able to accommodate everyone and we do offer umbrellas available at the front desk should a guest wish to borrow one in the case of rainy weather. Regarding the housekeeping issue: I did speak with the housekeepers responsible for your room, and they indicated that, one day, your rooms was serviced as usual, and the other day, you just requested towels. I believe that this was simply a miscommunication, as these particular housekeepers are my best and what you described is highly out of character for them. The reason that you were not informed about the Marathon upon booking your reservation is because you booked it online through our website. However, on the main page of our website, we do reference that we are the starting line of the Marathon with a hyperlink to their website for more information. Again, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies that we were not able to meet and exceed your expectations, and we do hope you will give us another chance the next time you find yourself in the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As other reviewers have noted, the location is ideal, an easy walk to downtown Bar Harbor's restaurants etc, but just past the noisy crowds. It is a visibly aging, old style motel, but well maintained and clean. My room was small and simple, but pleasant and adequate for my needs. The bathroom is very small, and there was no shelf or anything to spread out toiletries (I don't need much space, but I could use a little, esp, for a 3-night stay.) My room was also poorly lit--just a bedside lamp. Breakfast, served in a separate building on the property, was fairly typical of continental breakfasts, but no hot food, a fairly limited selection of breads (the 3 kinds of muffins were all blueberry, and fresh from the factory) and just two cereals, but it was adequate and who doesn't like free. The staff had trouble keeping it stocked, but everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. Another disadvantage--though it is non-smoking, and my room was smoke free, smokers seemed to congregate on the walkways, and since I'm allergic, it was an issue though not a huge one. I'd stay here again for the location and the staff and the price, but don't expect anything fancy.

Room Tip: No elevator--if you have difficulty walking or lugging, take the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hillretiree
North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to find this nice hotel in the middle of town. The front desk lady and the maids were all very sweet and helpful. The rooms were immaculate which is always wonderful. Believe me, I always look through everything with a fine tooth comb. Even behind the night stands it was obvious they pull them out and vacuum. Even in other very clean rooms you can find dust build up behind the night stands. This is a cute place in a nice setting and within walking distance of everything in town. When you check in you get all the information about the hotel and a list of restaurants and a book about Acadia National Park. You are very well taken care of at this hotel. If I ever get back to Bar Harbor this is the first place I will look for a room. We enjoyed our stay very much here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The location was easy walking distance to down town Bar Harbor. We parked the car on arrival and never moved it until we checked out. We had booked the " The two night Villager Escape" package that included a dinner at a nice local restaurant & a bus tour of Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park. The dinner at the Reading Room Restaurant was excellent but the Bus tour couldn't go into the National Park.
Thank you Congress. The room was comfortable ans clean. The Continental Breakfast each morning was just enough to get you going w/o going to a restaurant. My wife & I enjoyed our stay and would stay at the Villager again.

Latham, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We only stayed one night but if we return to area again we will stay here. Great value, location is perfect. You can walk everywhere. Complementary breakfast was very good. Convenient to Acadia National Park. Staff was helpful in planning our day. Recommend highly.