“Most excellent views and exhilarating experience!”
Review of Acadia Air Tours

Acadia Air Tours
“Most excellent views and exhilarating experience!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The pilot was fun and it was a pretty windy day so I was quite nervous-but he was safe and did an excellent job. He pointed out some interesting points along the way. Very exciting experience-highly recommended! Oh, and ladies-tie your hair back, wear a bandana or hat, braid it-whatever you have to do just trust me ;)

Ellsworth, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Flight over Bar Harbor”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

my wife purchased this trip for my birthday. We live in the area and I have always wanted to do this. This was a a great time! Well worth the money and I recommend going with the upgraded flight. Pilot was professional and the plane was smooth and fun. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Visited October 2013
Merced California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Glide Over Desert Isle”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had always wanted to "Glide". We signed up at the Bar Harbor Tour Boat Terminal for a glider experience 5500 feet over Desert Isle. The Bar Harbor Airport is about a 25 minute drive from downtown - just across the bridge from Desert Isle. Our gliding experience will go down as one of the best experiences we have ever shared. We have para-sailed, flown in ultra-lights, and now glided.....all great fun. Our aerial tour over the colorful changing landscape and waterways was a thrill - descending one minute then catchingf a thermal and rising the next. A "go-Pro" camera is attached to the wing so your take-off, mid-flight release, and landing are captured on video segments with still pictures snapped in a timed sequence. The pilot makes maneuvers to accomodate the camera angles of the coast, the clouds, and Desert Isle. A once in a lifetime - worth the fare.

Gardiner, Maine
“Best Tour!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The biplane flight was by far the most amazing adventure I have experienced and the best way to tour Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. I have been to Bar Harbor and Acadia many times in the past and have never appreciated it more! We will definitely plan for this on our future visits! Thank you pilot Joe for a memorable day and a fantastic flight, and Steve for your hospitality and witty sense of humor. We loved every bit of this experience and highly recommend it! Sincerely, Tiffany & Ruben

Sugar Land, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were a bit apprehensive climbing into the biplane cockpit, but our pilot, Joe, was very re-assuring and before we knew it, we were in the air. What a beautiful day and flight over the islands as Joe gave us great information about the properties,lighthouses, and landmarks that we could view on all sides. Take a smaller camera, as my larger one was difficult to handle in the tight space, but still got some Fantastic pictures. The 40 minutes were over before we knew it.When friends ask about our NE trip, this is the first experience that we share!