“Fun bi-plane ride”

76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fun bi-plane ride”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We bought a couple of rides on the bi-plane through Groupon. The afternoon we chose was a beautiful day. The crusty owner got us all set up with our pilot. Our pilot flew us over Acadia National Park (which was the only way we were going to see the Park thanks to the government shutdown) which showed off the fall color. He narrated constantly and showed us a good time. The only bad thing was that it ended too soon. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Glynis407

“Most excellent views and exhilarating experience!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The pilot was fun and it was a pretty windy day so I was quite nervous-but he was safe and did an excellent job. He pointed out some interesting points along the way. Very exciting experience-highly recommended! Oh, and ladies-tie your hair back, wear a bandana or hat, braid it-whatever you have to do just trust me ;)

Ellsworth, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Flight over Bar Harbor”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

my wife purchased this trip for my birthday. We live in the area and I have always wanted to do this. This was a a great time! Well worth the money and I recommend going with the upgraded flight. Pilot was professional and the plane was smooth and fun. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Visited October 2013
Merced California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Glide Over Desert Isle”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had always wanted to "Glide". We signed up at the Bar Harbor Tour Boat Terminal for a glider experience 5500 feet over Desert Isle. The Bar Harbor Airport is about a 25 minute drive from downtown - just across the bridge from Desert Isle. Our gliding experience will go down as one of the best experiences we have ever shared. We have para-sailed, flown in ultra-lights, and now glided.....all great fun. Our aerial tour over the colorful changing landscape and waterways was a thrill - descending one minute then catchingf a thermal and rising the next. A "go-Pro" camera is attached to the wing so your take-off, mid-flight release, and landing are captured on video segments with still pictures snapped in a timed sequence. The pilot makes maneuvers to accomodate the camera angles of the coast, the clouds, and Desert Isle. A once in a lifetime - worth the fare.

Gardiner, Maine
“Best Tour!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The biplane flight was by far the most amazing adventure I have experienced and the best way to tour Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. I have been to Bar Harbor and Acadia many times in the past and have never appreciated it more! We will definitely plan for this on our future visits! Thank you pilot Joe for a memorable day and a fantastic flight, and Steve for your hospitality and witty sense of humor. We loved every bit of this experience and highly recommend it! Sincerely, Tiffany & Ruben