Fieldside Suites
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$131
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$102
Bar Harbor Villager Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$162
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$68
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$162
Agoda.com
Robbins Motel(Bar Harbor)
US$47
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
US$245
Hotwire.com
The Colony on Frenchman's Bay(Hulls Cove)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
  • Pool
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The room was charming and the price really right. Best of all it was absolutely spotless, smelled and looked brand new. Just wonderful and several cuts above generic hotel rooms. There are 4 rooms and my room #3 would make any decorator smile at the thought and taste that went into the selection of the furnishings. The owner/managers live next door and are just as nice and cooperative as they can be. The room comes with a refrigerator/cooktop/sink combo. There's crystal clear swimming pool (cleanest I've ever seen) and while heated could stand a little more thermostat but refreshing. The motel abuts a 25acre mown field with a spectacular view of Cadillac Mountain. Dogs are welcome and if dogs could speak they'd tell you the field is doggie heaven and to come back again and again.
For a bike rider the motel is directly across from the Sand Point road and that quiet, rural road is the traffic free gateway to road riding that's largely free of traffic and avoids Route 3 the alleged bike route into Bar Harbor that's really narrow and dangerous to say the very least. Again, the owners are so nice and cooperative I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience. This place has it all for those looking to save money on vacation and and be in down home, luxurious surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ndbbicyclerider_38
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the FieldSide for 3 nights. I was great. The owners came by to make sure I was comfortable. The room was really nice with a great bed and linens. They had very good internet service and the pool was a welcome end to long cycling days. I have traveled all over the world and would say this is one of the better places I have stayed. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank No720s
Reviewed 22 October 2010

They booked our reservation for one less day than we had requested. They did arrange for us to stay the extra day but we needed to switch suites. The rooms themselves are average and a decent value for the money. My only big complaint is that staff was not always available and not well organized when we did speak with them. It is in a great location for the park. Not a bad option for bar harbor, but I have been to better.

Be aware of their dog policy. We met another couple there that was upset because they could not leave the dog in their room. Not an issue, as long as you know in advance.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank World_Hiker1969
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I would echo the sentiments of the previous review:

1. No one was at desk. They are not adequately staffed / organized, and that is a big issue when you are supposedly running a hotel.
2. They screwed up our reservation. We had booked for 5 days and then called back well in advanced to change to only 3 days, but they insisted that we had not called and insisted on charging 5 days, which I subsequently needed to resolve with Amex.
3. They also tried to charge for incidentals that we had not used.
4. It is loud because of traffic and thin walls.
5. It is not near the beach -- I feel we were misled on this when we made the reservation.
6. On the positive side it is near the park, which is lovely, but there are many better options in bar harbor.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GinaBeach
Reviewed 23 August 2010

1. No wi-fi as advertised
2. No one on site, except that you are given on a handwritten paper an innkeeper phone number who knows nothing
3. No AC in the room
4. Walls are thin and you can hear next door tenant snoring
5. Then a hidden cleaning fee might be assessed if you used the dishes
6. Close to the road, so you can hear cars/trucks passing by
7. Across the rooms (only 4 in this "suite"), the neighbor has a German shepherd that barks at night and early morning

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple