“Very Pleased!”
Review of Fieldside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Fieldside Suites
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Very Pleased!”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I rented 3 rooms for my Elopement Ceremony on Sand Beach. Andrea was very helpful and accomadating with my daily changing schedule. I must have called/emailed her 4-5 times with add-ons or changes and she was very helpful and understanding. Once we arrived, Matt came out almost immediately to introduce himself and ask if there is anything we may need. The rooms were clean, well organized and very well stocked with everything (coffee maker, hair dryer, plenty of big towels, dishes, etc). I was able to fit everything we brought for the wedding. I also have a 6 month old son, we were able to fit his crib comfortably in the room. I never once heard thier dog bark or the traffic passing by. I would highly recommend Fieldside Suites for your stay. Also, the view is amazing and Acadia is very close by. Thank you for a great expierence Andrea and Matt. We look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa_H_0315

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at the FieldSide Suites in Bar Harbor Maine in August 2011! The owners, Andrea and Matt were welcoming and helped make our stay one too remember. We stayed in room #3 which was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed – hair dryer, extra towels, extra blankets, extra pillows, a dinette which included cooking utensils, plates and glasses. The shower had plenty of hot water along with incredible water pressure. There was no A/C but with the windows open and a fan (which was provided) we had a restful nights on the king size bed. The property was within walking distance of an ice cream shop, a small grocery store and mini golf. Mini golf was a pleasurable activity to do while winding down after a exploring the island on bicycles. We woke to beautiful views of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park every day.
We spent time outside our room relaxing on comfortable wicker chairs, and in the heated pool which was cleanest of any hotel which we have ever stayed.
We also spent time downtown during the height of tourist season. We enjoyed the variety of shops and had no problem finding tasty places to eat including Café This Way, The McKay’s Pubic House and Eden (a vegetarian restaurant Matt and Andrea recommended to us…it was FANTASTIC).
S & T Heffner
Concord, NH

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SarahHeff
Bar Harbor
Reviewed 4 August 2011

FieldSide Suites is simple, extremely clean, cozy and I would come back again in a heartbeat. Andrea was great on the phone, helped give us all the information we needed and everything was waiting for us just as she promised. Matt came over and introduced himself, and we just loved hearing the history of the place and how long it's been in the family. They have taken great care to update the suites while also helping you disconnect from the outside world. It was one of the best nights sleep I've had on my trip. Plus, they are pet friednly, and our dog Zeus just loved it here! There is a huge field for him to run in and they let us know all the places he could go in Bar Harbor. We would definitely stay here again, and I would highly recommend it! The only thing I didn't like was check out is at 10-I wasn't ready to leave! :)

Room Tip: No A/C, but they provide a fan and with the windows open it really is comfortable. We had an extra f...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JenericB
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We just got back from a belated honeymoon to Bar Harbor, Me. We stayed at the Fieldside Suites and loved every minute of it. The location to Acadia National Park was better then we could have imagined. Especially since we wanted to spend the majority of our time in the park.
Matt and Andrea were very welcoming and helpful to our every need. We talked to Andrea on the phone prior to our arrival and she answered many of our questions about Bar Harbor, the surrounding area, restaurants and anything we needed about Acadia. They tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible and it was!
The room had anything we needed during our stay. The king sized bed was so comfortable we slept great the entire week (even snuck in a couple afternoon naps). There is not one complaint about the room or our stay.
We would tell anyone going to Bar Harbor to stay here!
Thank you Matt and Andrea for making a beyond expectations trip to Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: We stayed in suite #2 and loved it
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janeen2278
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My boyfriend and I went up to Bar Harbor last August and spent two nights at Fieldside Suites. We loved it there and wished we could have stayed another night. So picturesque, outside of town, so not heavy traffic or chaotic; the opposite, it was super peaceful, there is a swimming pool to hang out at, the room was so nice and comfortable, and you cannot beat the price! So this year we are returning for 3 nights. Both of us are so excited to return to Bar Harbor and know that we will be well taken care of at Fieldside Suites.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susdel71
Bar harbor
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The room was charming and the price really right. Best of all it was absolutely spotless, smelled and looked brand new. Just wonderful and several cuts above generic hotel rooms. There are 4 rooms and my room #3 would make any decorator smile at the thought and taste that went into the selection of the furnishings. The owner/managers live next door and are just as nice and cooperative as they can be. The room comes with a refrigerator/cooktop/sink combo. There's crystal clear swimming pool (cleanest I've ever seen) and while heated could stand a little more thermostat but refreshing. The motel abuts a 25acre mown field with a spectacular view of Cadillac Mountain. Dogs are welcome and if dogs could speak they'd tell you the field is doggie heaven and to come back again and again.
For a bike rider the motel is directly across from the Sand Point road and that quiet, rural road is the traffic free gateway to road riding that's largely free of traffic and avoids Route 3 the alleged bike route into Bar Harbor that's really narrow and dangerous to say the very least. Again, the owners are so nice and cooperative I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience. This place has it all for those looking to save money on vacation and and be in down home, luxurious surroundings.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ndbbicyclerider_38
Lugano
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the FieldSide for 3 nights. I was great. The owners came by to make sure I was comfortable. The room was really nice with a great bed and linens. They had very good internet service and the pool was a welcome end to long cycling days. I have traveled all over the world and would say this is one of the better places I have stayed. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo