“Oh, the Relief”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Oh, the Relief”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We are too old for two twelve hour days in the car! Argh! By the time we arrived in Bar Harbor, we could barely move and a massage seemed in order. We tried to book with our hotel, but no availability, so a quick search and we found "Tree of Life"---so happy we did! On Cottage Street, only a short walk from our accommodations (though we appreciated their off-street parking as we went for a muscle loosening hike in the Park first!), our experience at the Tree of Life Spa was excellent from first contact to final farewell. When we called to make the appointment, great care was made to inquire as to our needs, our preference in the sex of the masseuse, any special health concerns---especially important for DH, who has arthritis in his spine. When we arrived, we were welcomed warmly and enjoyed a chat with the very kind owner before our masseuses were ready. DH and I had chosen a "couple massage"---that means we each had our own masseuse but we shared a room. Carrie and Katie were great. They had trained at the spa---which is also a school---and they had learned well. After our hour massage, DH and I were puddles of relaxation. Our sore, stiff muscles were just a memory. Our visit to The Tree of Life Spa was enjoyable through-out and a real blessing and it was all we could do not to book an appointment for the next day---it could become addictive!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank dbsohio

Mesa AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Spa day with my mother in law”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I went to the Tree of Life Day spa as a girl's day out with my mother in law. She had never had a spay day, and she was absolutely enthralled. We had hot stone massages, facials and foot baths.

Each service was wonderfully soothing and relaxing. It was worth every penny. We got our full hour for each service, and my mother in law said she felt like she had "new feet" after her foot bath. My husband and I will have a couples massage next time we are in the Bar Harbor area.

Visited September 2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Disappointing and Expensive”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

$100 for a deep tissue, and not as good as an average one at Massage Envy for 1/3 the price. Convenient location.

4 Thank Kevin S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“amazing”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Locally owned is what got my attention, bar harbor inn spa and the bar harbor club are not locally owned as I found after going into each spa. This is a smaller, peaceful, relaxing, real 'spa' no fumes from hair or nails as like the other 2 'salons'. I had the facial & hydro footbath combo that were done by a girl named Bethany and she did an absolutely amazing job. It was 5 star quality. I am from DC and this spa won me over. I will be back again in october and will be going back!! Very pampered and pleased!

Jupiter, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jon is amazing”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I had a 1 hour massage from John the owner and it was the best deep tissue massage ever, his hands were strong and the massage was very relaxing

1 Thank Diane N