“Excellent Cruise”

Acadia Sailing Company LLC
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Even though we had light winds, we had a fantastic cruise with Capt Jesse. From spotting seals to sharing local history, Jesse and his crew were excellent hosts. It was a beautiful and relaxing sunset cruise......highly recommended!

Trevor and Christine

1  Thank Triggen

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had a lovely sail for our 41st wedding anniversary with very good friends of ours. The winds were slow, but non-the-less, it was fun. We chose Captain Jesse because we didn't want to rub elbows with strangers on the other sailing options offered. Our B & B fellow guests highly recommended him. He was punctual, friendly and affordable. He answered questions, but didn't offer that much on his own. Frankly I was surprised to read the other glowing reviews about how "talkative" he was. Maybe cause we were older? Because he didn't initiate much conversation is the only reason I didn't give him more stars, but then many people may like this. We felt confident in his abilities and would recommend him.

1  Thank franv1
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We scheduled a sunset cruise with Captain Jesse for our second day on Mt. Desert Island. Since we were there during the rainy season, weather conditions were a concern. Even though we never had rain during our five days in the area, Jesse contacted us the day before our scheduled cruise and suggested that we reschedule it to another day based on the marine weather report. As he put it, "I can sail in the predicted weather but I don't think you will enjoy it." We are so thankful we took his suggestion. Our scheduled cruise date had 30-40 mph gusts on Frenchman Bay. The weather was perfect on the rescheduled day.

Once we met Jesse at the pier, we knew we were in for a memorable experience. He put us at ease as we motored out to the boat in the dingy. His friendly and confident manner put my wife at ease--this was her first time on a sailing vessel and had some doubts at the beginning.

As Jesse hoisted the sails and they billowed, my wife was in the zone. I'll bet she didn't say a dozen words in the entire 3 hours. She finally understands my fascination with sailing. I think she could be convinced to take sailing classes with me so we can charter our own boat.

Jesse was a fountain of information but he seemed to sense when we wanted to just sit quietly sipping wine and taking in the natural beauty that was all around us. Even for old people like us it was very romantic and extremely relaxing.

If you want an authentic, intimate and "non-touristy" experience, then sail with Jesse.

The lobster bake was awesome. It tasted better than any lobster we ate in restaurants during our stay.

George and Linda Wright
Pekin, IN

1  Thank George W
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I found Acadia Sailing Co on Trip Advisor and I'm so glad I did! Captain Jesse is a fabulous host out on the water, makes you feel like you're sailing Frenchman Bay with good friends. The sights are gorgeous and the Silence Dogood is a beautiful wooden boat. Thanks Capt Jesse!

1  Thank Shulseberg
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Called Jesse up, and he was super accommodating with scheduling. The boat ride was two hours, and we went with another couple. Captain Jesse was SUPER knowledgeable about the area--we talked about Maine, about wildlife, about American history, about cat boats, you name it. He's an encyclopedia of sorts, and very relaxed and good at what he does. My only complaint was that his dog, who usually rides in the boat with him, wasn't there that day!

Highly recommended!