“Consistently receiving five stars? “REALLY?””
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Forest Hills, New York
“Consistently receiving five stars? “REALLY?””
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Consistently receiving five stars? “REALLY?” Having traveled the world and stayed at other places claiming five star service and not always experiencing the five stars as claimed, we had to check this place out. Well the staff and accommodations at The Bayview met than exceeded our expectations. Every positive claim made by tripadvisor members is true; so I will not repeat what has been said. When we checked in after driving 7 hours than hiking in Acadia National Park we were exhausted. Thomas at the front desk ordered dinner for us from a nearby restaurant, AL picked it up and delivered it to our room, complete with napkins, and utensils. The meal was charged to our room, with no delivery charge. Now that is great customer service! We enjoyed a wonderful lobster dinner with the best view from our balcony for under $50 (+unsolicited tip). I highly recommend this hotel.

7 Thank Gershwin12
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
I saw the headline on this review and thought, well, I knew this day would come. We are going to disappoint someone one of these days because we all know the old adage our mothers said, "you can't please everyone all the time!" Then I saw the 5 stars and thought wow! Thank you very much for the great review. I think everyone here really does an outstanding job of providing the service that we would all like to receive in our travels. Please come back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
London
Reviewed 20 August 2011

When you walk in this hotel you are greeted personally and everything is so friendly. The rooms are well thought out and nice. The breakfast/bar area looks out over the water and is elegant. The hotel is close to town yet it is very quiet at night. Hotels in Bar Harbour are often not that great -- this hotel stands out as the best of the bunch. It is very good but not spectacular. I also recommend the apartments which are three floors and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2011
Nuneaton
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel during our tour of New England, and loved it. As above I've never given 5 stars before but they deserve it for their staff alone. Nothing was too much bother. They are a credit to the hotel.
I could nit pick and say that, as a hot breakfast man, their hot options were a let down, but that would be nit picking as the rest of the breakfast spread was incredible (and all made on site).
The room was large and had a beautiful view from the patio. The pool was new and very clean. It is probably too far from Bar Harbor itself to walk to, but they have a shuttle bus that you just book. When you want to come back from BH you just ring the hotel and they will come and get you. We never waited more than a few minutes.
If you are booking I would strongly recommend one of the packages. We did the sea and shore package and it was incredible value. The offers/vouchers are genuine. We reckon the value of teh meals/trips etc was around €700!! This makes the hotel incredible value.
We'll certainbly be back!!

Room Tip: Book one of the packages -they are good value
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank WolveyGeordie
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
So, will we see you again next year? Guests that come back year after year make our job so pleasant. Familiar faces, friendly people, almost like having family come visit! I'm glad everything was to your liking. Our hot entrees this year have been a lot more difficult because of the number of food allergies that we are told about when guests arrive. We keep trying to be creative but sometimes you just have to keep it simple to keep everyone happy! I really appreciate your feedback on the packages too. We are never really sure if people find it a good way to travel. This year we are also trying to make sure that we don't overload you with activities if the weather is not cooperating. So, we can book a package or just an activity, whatever works best. Thinking back it seems to me you had some really nice weather too! Thank you for taking the time to write!
North of Boston, MA USA
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We recently spent four nights at the Bayview in Bar Harbor. Based on TA reviews, I was expecting a nice place with good service. My expectations were exceeded! We had a nice large (king) room on the third floor with a view of Frenchman Bay. The breakfasts were delicious with plenty of baked goods that tasted like they came out of a local small-town bakery (delish!!), and each morning a different hot entree. Afternoon cookies were awesome and I always made sure we were back from our day's excursion in time to snag a couple, or three! Best of all was the SERVICE at The Bayview. These people know how to make you feel welcome. Everyone, from the breakfast staff, front desk, housekeeping, shuttle driver, and even the friendly man who opened the door every time we came through with bags and gear for our bike rides...provided exceptional service.
Unfortunately we had one day that was mostly rain,so we spent the afternoon in our room, but we could not have been more comfortable -- cozy wing chairs, the balcony door open to hear the water lapping the shore, a coffee pot in the room, and those irrestible cookies just downstairs! The next time we journey to Bar Harbor we will absolutely stay at The Bayview.

Room Tip: All hotel rooms face the Bay. Third floor is best because there is no roof above you - great view of...
2 Thank Cindy B
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you! All our food does come out of a local bakery so to speak! Everything we serve is made from scratch, baked here in our little tiny kitchen! Its great that so many people appreciate the fact that we cook to eat so to speak! Actually, I should clarify that. I just eat, Corry and Marcia do the cooking! I keep thinking that the expectations of our new guests are going to be so high there is no way we can please them. Then someone writes a review like this and I say, whew....we did it again! Thank you!
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We really enjoyed the location right next to the bay. We had a bayfront room. There was a private porch right outside the room. A wonderful place to sit.
The room was very large to accomodate our family. The beds were very comfortable with duvette covers and no bedspreads. This is a new trend among luxury hotels. Room was spotless. Location was just far enough away from the tourist trap of the village of Bar harbor. Very close to the main entrance to acadia national park. Nice pool.
They had the best breakfast in the morning. They had all the healthy stuff plus lots of indulgances. My sons and my favorite thing of the day was the afternoon homebaked cookies. Someone there is a very talented baker. Loved the place! Not cheap.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank friend123newjersey
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
We are so glad you had a nice time here. I love using the duvet covers because you always know your linens underneath and on top are fresh when you check in. I agree about the baker, we always laugh about how most people lose weight in the summer but not us! We do strengthen our willpower every time we open up the cookie platter and don't take one for ourselves! The aromas around here are the perfect aromatherapy for us! We hope you all come back again!
Hudson, NH
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We rented one of the town houses and had a great experience. Housekeeping was wonderful and service and advice from the front desk was outstanding. The location was perfect for our plans to bike and hike in Acadia. We are already planning our trip to Bar Harbor next year and plan to stay at the Bayview again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
I couldn't agree more! The staff that clean at The Bayview take great pride in their work and it shows. With so many families in and out of the town homes I think they do an excellent job maintaining the rooms. Even with the rain you were able to have some really nice days to ride and enjoy the park. I'We'll try and come up with some more suggestions on special places when you come back next year to go and visit. Thank you for your great review!
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I choose this hotel based upon previous reviews and have to say it was all I expected and more! I had mentioned months ago when making reservations it was our 35th wedding anniversary and to our surprise they had chilled champagne waiting for us at check in! That started off our 3 day stay perfectly. Everyone was so nice and helpful and knowledgable. All of the restaurant recommendations were great. The beds were great and the sheets were so soft. The view of the bay was beautiful. The breakfast selections were terrific and the afternoon cookies were a nice treat after a day in the park. They even suggested a wake up call to see the sun come up on Cadillac mtn. And if is was poor weather we could just go back to sleep - please consider getting up to see sunrise it was breath taking. We could not have been more pleased.

1 Thank Tripper4141
, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Thank you! I'm glad you did get to go up the mountain. I watched the early morning skies and hoped for the best too! We had quite a few off and on showers while you were here but we also had a very beautiful unexpected sunny day and that was terrific. Thank you for letting others know that we didn't let you down! And, one more time from all of us, "Happy Anniversary!"