The Bayview
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$131
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$102
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$152
Very Good 4/5
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$120
US$162
Very Good 4/5
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$124
Great 4.5/5
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$68
Very Good 4/5
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$162
Great 4.5/5
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$119
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsshuttle servicecookieson demandhotel shuttlebay viewevery afternooneggs benedictpicnic lunchfree shuttlein townhomemade pastriesfrenchman baythe entire staffthe hotel offersacadia national parkroom was largethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just a short review to say we really enjoyed our stay of three nights at the Bayview. We had a beautiful room overlooking the sea, and even saw an otter swimming out at sea on our first morning there! The staff there were genuinely very friendly and helpful - in particular Jocelyn at the front desk and Al who drove us into town and back again at nights, when we went out to dine. The staff were very good at recommending places to eat, and also places of interest which we could visit.

Also choice of free home made cookies. What's not to like? :-D

1  Thank Peter C
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you! Now that winter is upon us, it is a bit chilly on the decks but there have been lots of ducks and loons out there. There is always something to see and today it is a snowstorm! I am glad you had such a nice time and will make sure both Jocelyn and Al see your lovely review. I think our staff here is wonderful and am pleased that so many of our guests agree. And yes, those cookies are wonderful! We were just talking about them again this morning and wishing Nora were here baking some holiday treats for us! Thank you again for the great review and we hope you will return someday!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived after dark, in fact missing the entrance and having to retrace our steps. Need to look for a dark brown sign with gold script lettering. The room was a perfect fit to our booking. We were tired and hungry, and the staff was very helpful in booking us dinner at a restaurant and then taking in a complimentary shuttle right to the door. The hotel is a fair walk from the center of town, so the shuttle was just perfect (and with little delay).

Our room was quite large and the balcony was really a good-sized porch with a great view. Breakfast was an excellent full-sized buffet. We also enjoyed their cozy bar before dinner - reasonably priced drinks and good conversation. They no longer serve lunch and dinner, but the homemade cookies at the front desk are sinful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same level as the lobby are really on the second story with regard to the rear of the hotel, facing the water. Thus, you get an easy walk, no steps, but a great view.
1  Thank JohnandLinda042
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

TripAdvisor has been great to us and we are thrilled with the top rating. I have said it 100 times before, our guests write better advertising copy than I do! I know the rooms are over sized, the balconies are huge and the view is spectacular and I know the food is delicious. I know the staff goes above and beyond helping to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I also know we aren't always going to hit a home run with all the guests but when we do and when you write about it for others, it makes for a grand slam. (Sorry about the baseball metaphors but the World Series has had me a bit preoccupied!) What makes all of this so much fun is the number of repeat guests we welcome back year after year...we couldn't do it without them! They make coming to work like visiting with friends and that makes all the difference to us. Even though reviews are mostly anonymous, I do know you are someone we would love to welcome again! Thank you very much for the terrific review!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a tour of New England. Everything was brilliant, rooms, staff, views. We arrived quite late in the day on 24th September 2013, and we were quite tired. We were welcomed by the reception staff and our luggage was taken to our room, in the meantime we were given a list of recommended places to eat. We quickly booked in and were told that the reception staff would book a table, also Al would chauffeur us to our chosen restaurant and pick us up when we were ready to return to the hotel. What service, couldn't fault it. Breakfast was excellent. Complementary home made cookies at reception (to die for). When we checked out, we were asked if everything was ok, we said no - we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jellybaby_11

If you said no, you didn't want to leave then we hope that means you will be back again! We all know what it is like to arrive late and just want to eat and relax. We are very good at that eating and relaxing thing too! Some guests arrive thinking we have all those "city" things and even though Bar Harbor is a hopping place, we aren't known for 24 hour around the clock services. I think the staff here does a wonderful job at anticipating what our guests would like and we do our best to make it happen. Your wonderful comments lead me to believe that we didn't want you to go either! Thank you again and please come back!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 days while visiting Bar Harbor and Acadia. The rooms were huge and comfortable with a great view of the bay. The staff was great and had good answers to any questions we had, ranging to where to eat, shop and to rent bikes. Fresh-baked cookies were available in the lobby every afternoon and the free breakfast was a better than the standard fare. The town of Bar Harbor was a short drive or a long walk from the front door, and they had a free shuttle at our beck and call. I could not ask for more in a lodge.

2  Thank bbqbilly

Thank you for the great review! We have worked hard this year to do our best to have happy guests! I agree completely about the delicious breakfast and cookies and I have seven new pounds to show for it! Thank goodness we get the winter to trim down a bit, then all summer to put it back on! The shuttle has always been a hit and the walk to town has been enjoyed by many too (really good food makes it necessary!) You did say you came to visit Acadia and I think you must have come prior to the shutdown or that last week we were open. It was a beautiful fall, regardless of where on the island you got to enjoy it and we thank you for staying with us! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Whether you call it attention to detail, a great computer program, or simply an operator who enjoys her chosen path, the Bayview is an experience worth remembering. Other reviewers can talk about the rooms, the view, the special cookies available each afternoon. I want to talk about Trish and her warm smile, friendly manner and her ability to make each guest feel as if his or her comfort is the most important thing in the world.

Answer this: How many hotels have you stayed in once and then, on arriving two years later, had a special welcome back gift for you? My answer is one-The Bayview. Granted, this is probably the result of a good computer program but credit the person running the operation to feel it is as important to welcome previous but infrequent guests as it is to welcome new guests. Warm and welcoming won't make up for deficiencies in cleanliness and upkeep but with a property as spotlessly clean and flawlessly maintained as the Bayview is, this emphasis on viewing the guest as a person to be welcomed and cared for is what makes the Bayview the only choice in Bar Harbor.

For those of you who are Disney Vacation Club members, think of the feeling you get when you arrive and the words "Welcome Home" are said for the first time. While Trish and her crew don't say Welcome Home, their manners, their attitude and their approach all say it in capital letters.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Well, from your picture I know just who you are and it might surprise YOU to know, the cat has got my tongue! When you asked me about the old Inn next door I prattled on forever...so me having a lack of words must amaze you! Thank you so much for the great review and all the kind words. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here and it is especially nice when it is familiar faces. I admit we have a guest history in our computer but we always used to do it by memory. Problem with that is my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be! We still do so much here the old fashioned way with paper and pencil (must be why people feel we are dated!) and the staff many times recognizes people before I do so it is a real team effort. I am glad that you had such a nice time. You are right, I love what I do when the guests are as friendly as your family! It was a beautiful weekend, the Marathon runners here made it great fun for us and the grandchildren, well, enough said! Please come back again next season. I have plenty more of the "old days" stories I can share! And we can always talk about the grandchildren!