Every single five star review of this property is true...and more! The magic begins as you enter the property through a high gate and drive on a short, winding road through several wooded acres to reach The Bayview. After a friendly check-in with Amelia, we immediately knew that this was the place for us in Bar Harbor. Look no more. In the past, we had stayed in a wonderful Bed and Breakfast in the downtown area; we wanted to try a different experience and were quickly persuaded by hundreds of glowing Trip Advisor reviews.
Words do not adequately describe the customer service at The Bayview. Every employee went out of the way to make us feel valued and welcome. In all our travels, we have never experienced customer service like this. It felt genuine and sincere, not "canned" like at some very expensive hotels and resorts.
Our $159 rate was the deal of this year for us. We felt like we were VIP's throughout our two night stay. Special thanks to Thomas, Amelia, and Matt, although I would like to thank all the employees for their care and attention. They work together like a family.
The room....very spacious and immaculate with a drop-dead unobstructed, gorgeous view of Frenchman Bay. Breathtaking.
Some of the room amenities include: terrific water pressure in the shower, fresh flowers and a heater in the bath, Keurig, microwave, and refrigerator, ceiling fan, terry cloth robes, plenty of electrical outlets for our gadgets, reclining lounge chair, comfortable mattress and bedding.
We loved the location of the The Bayview, slightly out of town. Although a free shuttle is available, we opted to walk each way to justify eating all the baked goods at The Bayview. Any one who has stayed there quickly learns what 2:00 means. Yes, that huge tray of homemade cookies, at least 4-5 different types, each cookie is better than the last. I cannot imagine anyone practicing complete willpower passing this tray.
Breakfast. Delicious hot choices. Cold alternatives. Excellent homemade granola. A tray with at least 8-10 different choices of superb homemade baked goods, including bagels. Give this baker a substantial raise! My husband raved about the sliced tomatoes, claiming that they were the best tomatoes since his childhood. He mentioned to the friendly breakfast crew, Anne and Matt, that the only thing that could have improved those tomatoes would have been lox. Imagine his utter disbelief the following morning when he was served with a custom plate. Lox, kippers, diced egg, cream cheese and chives. Consummate customer service. My husband will be talking about this experience for the rest of his life.
Many, many thanks to everyone at The Bayview. We will continue to return to Bar Harbor with The Bayview as the destination, not Bar Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personalized friendly service, peaceful and quiet setting, spectacular views, close to downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Spacious oceanfront hotel rooms with balconies, some family friendly, or larger two and three bedroom townhomes and house. Expanded continental breakfast, pool, shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, lounge and limited wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bayview Bar Harbor
- Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- The Bayview Bar Harbor, Maine