“Very clean! Nice views”
Review of The Bayview

The Bayview
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I don't think I have stayed at a cleaner hotel. Hats off to the cleaning crew. When you walk in it feels very 1990s retirement home with the decor and design. However, that didn't matter because the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The rooms have a beautiful view of the water and the beds are pretty comfortable. For a stay in Bar Harbor would recommend. They even offer shuttle service to heart of town which is a plus as parking is difficult during peak season.

Stayed: July 2014
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

How funny! That is exactly where I was when I saw the color and I thought how nice and neutral and perfect for the hotel! If everyone liked the same thing then it would be so easy, but since we are all different I will leave the “trends” to others and stick with the neutral and calm decor. The cleaning staff here does an exceptional job and we are so fortunate to have them. The job they do each and every day is a difficult one and they do it with a smile! All of our staff are the key to what “does matter “and we thank you for the kind words and hope you will return someday!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Bayview is located outside the town center so it is quiet, yet has easy access to everything in the area. We stayed in a townhouse with a nice view of the bay. The front desk, kitchen and housekeeping staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Whatever we needed, and there were a few comfort and food requests, was happily provided. Breakfast on the porch was delightful...just too many great sweets to choice from!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you! Your description of The Bayview is just what we wanted to hear! We aren’t downtown but we are easily accessible to everything, we have great food and views, and we pay attention to you! It isn’t difficult to be friendly and accommodating with customers that are of the same mindset as we are. The Golden Rule is a wonderful thing and perhaps not as common as we would like. If we can be one place that makes someone smile, then that is a good thing! Thank you!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The bayview is situated directly in front of Frenchman's Bay. Had a 3rd floor rm with a private balcony and a great view. Quiet location and close to town. The breakfasts were plentiful - hot dishes, fresh fruit, pastries, breads, bagels, juices. Also dining rm faced the Bay and could sit on outdr terrace. Afternoon tea and cookies. Friendly staff. Room was simply decorated but could use an update. Pool and seating area was a nice size.

Room Tip: Bldg in front of Bay and Hir floor if stairs not an issue
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you! The bold font of your review lets us know that you really felt relaxed and that is a good thing! A vacation is meant to be relaxing and it sounds to me like you did just that. Since you mentioned the pool area in your review I think you must have been here during the sunny days of June, not the Hurricane or rainy days of July! Once again, our decor is not for everyone but it is who we are. We all thank you for the very kind review and hope to see you again someday!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Bayview for several nights in June and found it to be perfect in every way. Our room was large, beautifully clean and with a panoramic sea view. Breakfast was wonderful and without doubt the best of many good breakfasts that we had on an extensive tour of New England states. Like other reviewers, we were swept away by the cookies on offer when we returned each afternoon. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting Acadia National Park. All of the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. In such an excellent hotel it is invidious to highlight one aspect for special praise but we must give the gold star to the reception staff who gave us such excellent advice on activities, restaurants etc and made bookings for us...

5  Thank Confluence2014
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and I couldn’t agree more! The view is outstanding and the rooms are very large. I think that our housekeeping staff does an “above and beyond” job when they clean a room. I personally am a “clean freak” when I travel and I can honestly say that this is the only place I would ever feel comfortable enough to go barefoot in my room! I know how thorough a job they do. The breakfast and the cookies are so delicious and when there are sprinkles on the cookies then housekeeping goes into overdrive! We all work as a team and we know we could not continue to please our guests without each and every one of the staff offering their personal best. We all thank you for the wonderful review and after the reception staff holds the gold star you gave them we will make sure they pass it on!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. Clean and very comfortable accommodations, beautiful water views, delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts, yummy cookie selections, and service second to none. I highly recommend the three day package which includes room, breakfast, bus tour of Acadian National Park, boat tour of area, dinner at the Chart
Room, and a picnic lunch. There is no skimping on anything. Best sandwiches ever on the picnic lunch, enough for two meals. Cannot say enough good things about this place. Hope to return someday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisamadcat
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you so much! You have written a lot of reviews so telling us we are one of your favorites is high praise indeed! I am really pleased that you enjoyed the package. We tried to set them up with the most popular things that we have heard our guests talk about. The Acadia National Park Tour is wonderful because it gives such a nice background of Acadia and Mount Desert Island and no one is struggling with trying to drive and look! The Acadian Boat Tour is informative, relaxing, and beautiful and the location right next door makes it easily accessible. Then the picnic lunch kicks in because you can take it with you anywhere, boat or bus or both! Finally, the Chart Room has been a favorite for guests and staff for years. We are very pleased you enjoyed them all. We hope you do come back to visit and thank you again for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Loved this place. Beautiful view, right on Frenchman's Bay. Clean, Clean, Clean. The breakfast is included and is wonderful, hot (eggs benedict yummy) and cold, every kind of bread, cereal and fresh fruits more than you could ask for. You can sit out on the balcony and look over the beautiful scenery and Bay. Every afternoon homemade cookies are put out for the guests and they are delicious! The staff, especially Trish are very friendly and accommodating. I truly loved this place and will be back one day. Thank you Trish for making everything so nice.

Room Tip: They have rooms in the Inn and also 2 story townhouses up on the hill. I stayed at the one on end cl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbugg820

Thank you! Clean, clean, clean is so great to see! All of us here know how important that is. The housekeeping staff does such a terrific job every single day and it is not an easy task. I feel very fortunate to have them working here. I agree that breakfast is wonderful, the views spectacular and the cookies divine. We all appreciate the guests that stay with us and I always like to hear that they will be back again someday. I especially enjoy seeing the familiar faces around the property; it feels sometimes like a big family reunion with all our returning guests! I feel very blessed to have met so many wonderful people over the years. Thank you for writing, thank you for staying here and thank you right back for being so nice!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Bayview is worth all of the positive views and more. We arrived at the hotel after a six hour motorcycle ride. It seemed the staff was excited that we arrived. You feel immediately at home at the Bayview with numerous personal touches, including homemade cookies, trail mix and a hand written card from Trish.

Yes, you could stay at a "fancy" well appointed hotel that has modern decor, but money cannot buy you an amazing view, attentive, friendly and caring staff, ample parking and a breakfast to die for!

The third floor allows the best views of the water, knowing that there is not an elevator and you have to haul your stuff upstairs. Not an issue for us as we traveled by motorcycle and had to pack light. See Jocelyn at the front desk for any recommendations on attractions or places to eat. She is delightful and goes above and beyond. John is a congenial and engaging bartender. Make a stop to see him before your night out. Al is a charming guy who will shuttle you wherever you need to go. He gave a great recommendations on motorcycle rides to Blue Hill Maine. Lastly, Trish is on top of it with any needs you have as a Bayview guest she can make them happen. The Bayview gets an A+ in our book, it was definitely the highlight of our stay in Bar Harbor.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms facing the water have the best views, however, there is not an elevator so tha...
1  Thank Alecia_13_13

Thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review! What fun we all had anticipating your arrival. I originally booked your reservation last year and found the details of your upcoming trip very interesting. I didn’t know you could actually rent motorcycles for travel so your whole trip just fascinated me! Everyone here enjoyed talking to you about your travels – I will admit there was a lot of jealousy going on! I don’t really know how good I am at making things happen but I do know that with the staff that I have almost anything is possible! We all hope you completed your trip with great weather and beautiful scenery. I think we were #40 on your “50 State Club” so odds are we won’t see you again for a while but I do hope you return again someday!