“Walking Distance”

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Saint John, Canada
“Walking Distance”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first time staying at this motel and I will be back. I had a king size bed, large room and a small balcony. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. The room smelled clean almost new. while I didn't use the pool it did look rather inviting. you can easily walk in to Bar Harbor in 10mins or so depending on how fast you walk. I left my car at the motel and walked to town then took the free shuttles around. The room also has a/c and free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marianne86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. It's a good location and decent price but the man who checked us in was very rude and condescending, and he may have been drunk. The friend I was with said the lady who also works the front desk was much better. The room smelled pretty bad, like a heavy air freshener. The grounds were nice, pretty gardens. There was no elevator to the second floor and we had to lug all our luggage upstairs without help. Most likely will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Terri B
Norwalk
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Searching on the net, I found this gem just by luck. I wanted to be close enough to walk into town but could not justify outrageous prices for some B and B's that would be in that category. When I called to make reservation, I just had a great feel as this was Family owned place and they were very friendly on the phone. We were not disappointed when we arrived to find that the location was minutes from town which meant we could walk. The room was very large with a small fridge and microwave. It was also the cleanest motel I have ever been in. From the well maintained grounds to the immaculate accommodations, it was evident that there was a great deal of family pride in ths establishment.
If I had to look for anything to improve, it would be towels that were a bit larger and fluffier....not a game changer, I would recommend this motel to anyone and stay there again.

Room Tip: The second floor has a little balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosanne F
Italy
Reviewed 23 July 2013

It was our first visit to Bar Harbor. My sister and I enjoyed our stay in the motel. Very clean and so quiet. We had a double room with two huge comfortable beds.

After asking about local restaurants at the reception, the owner gave us the name of a nice place to eat lobster. As I had never eaten lobster she went into her kitchen and brought out one of her ready cooked lobsters and showed us how to break it open to eat it. She was so nice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I got a good feeling about this motel when I emailed to make inquiries and received friendly, helpful and detailed responses from the staff. We were definitely not disappointed! The Cromwell Harbor Motel is a lovely, impeccably clean establishment about a 15 minute walk from the shops and restaurants of Bar Harbor. The grounds are immaculate and the staff welcoming and helpful. We stayed on the second floor in a lovely large room with a balcony. The room was equipped with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker-all very convenient-especially for a longer stay. The King size bed was comfy and the area very quiet-making for a very restful night. I was craving a lobster roll upon our arrival and Joy directed us to the Thirsty Whale where my craving was satisfied beyond expectation. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Bar Harbor and heartily recommend it to anyone travelling in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne R
Hsinchu, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

This cute, family-run hotel is just outside the heart of Bar Harbor. The low rates make the less than 5 minute drive into town worth it. The rooms are clean and the area itself is peaceful. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank acceber311
Hallowell, Maine, USA
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We spent our anniversary weekend at Cromwell Harbor. The room was huge and impeccibly clean! We had a 2nd floor room with balcony and king bed. The location makes it very walkable to downtown and the harbor yet far enough out to be very quiet. The owner gave us great suggestions for a special dining experience to celebrate our anniversary. Having the refrigerator and microwave enabled us to make our lunches for our hiking adventures. It was still early season but it did not feel that the hotel wasn't geared up for the season. A great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple