“Main Street but the quiet side”

Cromwell Harbor Motel
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 10 September 2013

So we stayed here ten nights I think while in Bar Harbor. Our tenth time here in Bar Harbor and we have stayed in cottages, B&B's, campground, however this is a first for us staying in a motel. My wife researched this very well as we don't like surprises. This place had a lot going for it. In two words, Imm- maculate. One of the cleanest places we have ever stayed. Great job! The room was enormous like almost 25 X 15. It had a nice little balcony for sitting, a refrigerator, a very comfortable king bed, Wifi, flat screen TV, a table to have breakfast and a nice shower. We stayed on the second floor, end room, so no one could walk on our heads. The motel is located on Main Street on the quiet end but it is only a short 10 minute leisurely walk to the center of everything in Bar Harbor. Also close to one of Acadia's entrances. What can I say to maybe improve this great motel? New towels would be nice and although the women we encountered were pleasant the man was not. My wife said he ignored her a few times and I unsuccessfully tried to make eye contact one morning. I mean come on we were there 10 nights you could have said, "Hi" or nodded hello. In spite of this guy we would come back for all the reasons mentioned. Hope this good review puts a smile on your face mister Cromwell.

Room Tip: Just a matter or preference, we don't like first floor rooms cause sometimes you got heavy walke...
1  Thank zeke905
There are newer reviews for Cromwell Harbor Motel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were looking for a location that was near to town to walk, as parking in town can be hard to come by. We needed something that would fit our budget over Labor Day weekend (we just completed paying for a wedding)... We found this in the Cromwell Harbor Motel... location was minutes from town, property was set back from main road. Rooms were clean and quite large. Shower/tub could have been slightly wider, but it worked...The first night we were tired and ate at Poor Boys excellent excellent!!! Will be going back to Cromwell and Bar Harbor....

1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We visited in August so naturally Bar Harbor was busy. If you don't mind a short 1/4 mile walk to town the Cromwell Harbor is the place to stay. We found the staff/owners to be very friendly. The grounds are kept beautiful, the pool clean and our King room was very clean. The King room was very large and had a nice balcony to sit out and relax. The room has nice windows for a cross ventilation so we rarely used the air conditioner. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return to Bar Harbor sooner than later. When we do we plan to stay at the Cromwell Harbor.

Room Tip: Second floor King rooms with the balcony are the rooms for couples. You only have a little traffic n...
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first time staying at this motel and I will be back. I had a king size bed, large room and a small balcony. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. The room smelled clean almost new. while I didn't use the pool it did look rather inviting. you can easily walk in to Bar Harbor in 10mins or so depending on how fast you walk. I left my car at the motel and walked to town then took the free shuttles around. The room also has a/c and free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Marianne86
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. It's a good location and decent price but the man who checked us in was very rude and condescending, and he may have been drunk. The friend I was with said the lady who also works the front desk was much better. The room smelled pretty bad, like a heavy air freshener. The grounds were nice, pretty gardens. There was no elevator to the second floor and we had to lug all our luggage upstairs without help. Most likely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Terri B
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Searching on the net, I found this gem just by luck. I wanted to be close enough to walk into town but could not justify outrageous prices for some B and B's that would be in that category. When I called to make reservation, I just had a great feel as this was Family owned place and they were very friendly on the phone. We were not disappointed when we arrived to find that the location was minutes from town which meant we could walk. The room was very large with a small fridge and microwave. It was also the cleanest motel I have ever been in. From the well maintained grounds to the immaculate accommodations, it was evident that there was a great deal of family pride in ths establishment.
If I had to look for anything to improve, it would be towels that were a bit larger and fluffier....not a game changer, I would recommend this motel to anyone and stay there again.

Room Tip: The second floor has a little balcony
1  Thank Rosanne F
Reviewed 23 July 2013

It was our first visit to Bar Harbor. My sister and I enjoyed our stay in the motel. Very clean and so quiet. We had a double room with two huge comfortable beds.

After asking about local restaurants at the reception, the owner gave us the name of a nice place to eat lobster. As I had never eaten lobster she went into her kitchen and brought out one of her ready cooked lobsters and showed us how to break it open to eat it. She was so nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family