“Great people, great place”

Cromwell Harbor Motel
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Recently rebuilt. The rooms were big, clean quiet. The staff we met (owner) was extremely helpful and pointed us at good places to go or to eat as well as the places to avoid. The pool was heated and clean.
Overall a wonderful experiance

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2010

I've stayed at Crowell Harbor Motel several times and have always been very satisfied and comfortable. The cleanliness of the rooms, and the comfort of them have been welcomed. Jan and John are local people and have always maintained a high standard. This is a motel without the bells and whistles that take more of your money. Try it, you'll like it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We have family in Bar Harbor and usually visit at least twice a year, but this was in season and our usual place was renting by the week. We choose this motel because we had noticed it was being remodeled and enlarged, and because it was well located for visiting with our grandchildren. We had a family room (maybe the only one?) with a queen bed and two twins for the kids. It was quite spacious with a microwave and a small refrig. The room was ground floor and had a porch in the front. The biggest attraction was the heated pool that was super clean and that we often had to ourselves. The location at the far end of busy Main street made it quiet. I would stay there again. They charge $10 a head for over two which I am not used to paying with the chains, etc but Bar Harbor has a very short season and in Summer it can be crowded and expensive. Other than the pool there isn't much for the kids, but there are nice lawns, and beautiful planting.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have traveled to Bar Harbor every year for many years and this is my favorite place to stay in town. I keep economy in mind when I travel so I am sure there are much fancier places to stay, but it will cost you. This is the best bang for your buck in town. It is within walking distance of town but not so close you have to deal with the night life of the town itself. The grounds are well maintained and there is a outdoor pool. The older section of the motel was torn down last fall and has been replaced with a brand new 2-story addition which appears to be quite nice but I am not sure if it is quite complete yet, but should be ready very shortly if not. Enjoy your stay here, and take the money you save and spend it on yourself. This is the place I recommend to my equally economic minded friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Gave me a room I requested, I'm a light sleeper & don't like to be near guests with kids.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We've been vacationing in Bar Harbor and Acadia for over three decades. We stayed several nights at this "park in front of your room" motel. The room was very clean inside and the motel looked tidy, cheerful and well maintained outside. But the room was tired, worn and a disappointing contrast to the exterior. The mini-refrigerator and microwave were convenient. The wireless internet was intermittent, unreliable and slow. The location is quiet and convenient to both downtown and Acadia. The owners have a strict deposit policy which we had not encountered before. Upon meeting them, they seemed cool and reserved - quite a contrast to other innkeepers who seem happy to be in the hospitality business. Cromwell Harbor is clean and safe, but we'll be staying elsewhere on all our future trips.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank comfort&joy
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We had stayed in a cozy B&B before, but decided to limit our budget and stay in a motel the next time around. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in the Cromwell Harbor! The rooms are clean and very spacious. Room amenities are a coffee machine, a new and clean fridge, TV and free wi-fi internet. The place is very quiet, and is a short drive to the Jackson Laboratory, to the Acadia National Park gates and a pleasant walk to the town center. I felt I was on vacation, rather than on a business trip!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business