I am giving it an average score because the facility looked nice, fairly new with a nice water front view. What was not so nice were the staff who were not helpful. We wanted to change rooms because of the noise. Even while in bed you could here people talking in the hallway or children running down the hall. There must be no soundproofing in the walls or floors because we could hear the neighbors on both sides and upstairs too. It says semiprivate balcony but it was had little privacy. We did not feel we could be on the balcony to talk if people on either side were outside too as they could here everything we were saying. Not very romatic. Perhaps a suite would have been better or this hotel is suited more to families who want to awaken early to the noise of talking and children playing. We were alone hoping for a romantic leisurely vacation. This was not the place for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina