We booked our reservation at the Bar Harbor Club months in advance, planning on spending a long weekend there for a wedding. When booking, I made sure to request ocean view. We checked in at night during a heavy rainstorm, but even at night, I could tell that my ocean would be viewed through the parking lot. Our room, a very expensive nightly rate, was on the ground level, right onto the parking lot. There were cars parked right outside my window. The ocean was viewable through the cars, but it wasn't a view I was looking to enjoy.
After multiple calls to the manager, we were moved to a new room, exactly one floor up, the next day at 5PM. No apologies.
Apart from the ridiculously advertised room category, the hotel was just average. The rooms were large and clean, but the hotel is set up around said parking lot, and many rooms must have the same issue.
The greatest perk is the access to the Bar Harbor Club next door. The pool there is overlooking the sand bridge and the bay of Acadia. It's absolutely gorgeous. There are also beautiful tennis courts available to use.
On my next trip to Bar Harbor, I will stay at a hotel a little more out of the way. This just felt too touristy and crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina