Our stay at the Harborside could have been wonderful - unfortunately, registration, housekeeping, wifi and phone glitches kept us from enjoying ourselves as we should have. To take them in order: upon arrival, all seemed in order. We checked in to our rooms (we had 2 for our party) and were pleased with the rooms, their condition & cleanliness, bathroom & amenities, etc. We had an enjoyable breakfast in La Bella Vita the next morning. After breakfast, we went back to our rooms, and the key card would not work for one of the rooms. I went to the front desk, and was told that we were not registered in the hotel system for two rooms, but only for one. The desk clerk was surprised to find that we had stayed the previous night in both rooms, as one of the rooms was registered to someone else. She accompanied us back to the room, and, when we identified our belongings, she said that she would find out what had happened. I gave her the original registration confirmations. We then left for the day, and, upon return, entered the room to find out that housekeeping had not serviced the room. Again, the staff took care of the problem courteously and quickly. On the third day, the same problem happened again - the room keys would not work, and the room was not serviced until we called late in the evening after our return. The free wifi worked sporadically on all but the last day of our stay (when it finally worked properly), and the phone system instructions on how to dial a toll-free number as listed on the phone itself are incorrect. On the next to last day, we returned to the hotel in the evening to find that all the parking spaces were taken, even though the desk clerk told us that the hotel was not full - they provided free valet parking, but I prefer to park my own car. One thing - I cannot say enough nice things about the hotel staff, especially the front desk supervisor (Isabel) who tried valiantly to set things straight. All in all, the Harborside is a beautiful hotel in a very nice location. Had things gone as they should have, I would have recommended it highly. With things as they were, I have serious doubts about such a recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina