“Breathtaking!”

Harborside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was probably one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. I had an ocean front room with an absolutely incredible view. The room was huge and amazing. The amenities were also amazing. There were multiple pools and jacuzzis and lounge chairs and couches everywhere with great views of the ocean and gardens. The town is walking distance from the hotel so there is a lot to do outside of the hotel as well. And this was all at a great price, especially compared to a lot of the other places around the area without nearly as great of a location or amenities. You can't go wrong here!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Natalie B
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Natalie B,

Your very kind review was a pleasure to read- we take pride in providing great accommodations for those looking for beautiful breathtaking views of the ocean and downtown area. We appreciate the kind remarks calling the Harborside “one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed,” it is truly rewarding to read such great reviews from our guests.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Bar Harbor area, the Harborside Hotel, Spa and Marina will be your lodging facility of choice!

Chris Torrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Harborside Hotel is located right next to the point of natural beauty that put the "Bar" in Bar Harbor, a gravel sand-bar exposed at low tides, which creates temporary walking access to Bar Island (part of Acadia National Park). Choose ever-changing views of the "bar" and harbor across to Bar Island from "island view rooms" or of the Porcupine Islands, sailing vessels & cruise ships from "harbor view rooms". I loved stepping out from my room to explore the beach and bar at low tide, and hike the 1/2 mile over to explore Bar Island. One time my hike became more exciting than anticipated, having to wade through rising tides shin-deep on my return! (Tide charts are posted, so just keep an eye on the time to stay dry.) From my balcony I watched as my "trail" completely disappeared, submerged under 8' of water. A wood-burning fireplace crackled invitingly in the hotel lobby on that cool June evening and I cozied up to it, my hiking boots propped up to dry, for a happy ending to my adventure. The hotel offers two pools, one of which is a half-Olympic length pool perched right above the shoreline, next door at the fabulous Bar Harbor Club. Imagine an evening swim in this heated outdoor pool, swimming backstroke or floating while gazing up at brilliant stars and inhaling the fresh, cool ocean air!

The pleasures of Bar Harbor (lobster rolls, local craft brews, home-made ice cream & much more!!) are literally steps from the front door of the hotel. And the splendor of Acadia is a short drive or shuttle bus (in season) away. The concierge service, staff, beds, room were all great. Travelled with spouse & college-age son, and we all were happily accommodated here.

Absolutely loved the location and facilities of this waterfront hotel! Before checking out, we were booking our stay for next year!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia P
Dear Cynthia P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Bar Harbor! It sounds like your time here in Bar Harbor was well spent enjoying both Acadia National Park and the downtown area- your view was a pleasure to read! Bar Island is definitely a fun adventure at the base of our property- the views of the tides changing is incredible from our Island View rooms- catching a sunset from these rooms is absolutely breathtaking as well.
Your review provides a great summary of not only our property but for much of the downtown area- steps away from our property.

I would like to thank you for your kind review! We look forward to welcoming you back to property soon!

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We chose The Harborside and loved it! Ou room was on the bottom level facing the Harborside Club. It was the basic room but was very adequate. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. My only complaint would be the overgrowth of the shrubs/plants on the balconies. They have taken over and could use some good maintenance.

The resort is beautiful and we enjoyed the pool area a lot.

We ordered room device for breakfast and it was really good. The portion size of our breakfast panini was more than generous.

The location cannot be beat! Next to the water and you can walk to everything. I will definitely stay here again.

Wifi and access to all areas is included when you pay the $25 daily resort fee.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nmn2000
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Nmn2000,

Thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and do hope you are able to return for another visit in the future.

With Warm Hospitality,

Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our sixth stay at Harborside Hotel. It just doesn't get any better than this. Staff was extremely attentive and friendly. Check in was easy. The person who was at the front desk remembered me from our reservation process. Room was exactly as expected, clean with good amenities and the view I expected. Kids loved the pools. The hotel is an easy walk to everything in Bar Harbor so it was quick to run out to restaurants, shopping. Parking was never a problem. There was a power outage one day, but the hotel was able to keep most of the services running without a problem.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view it is well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darbydog06
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Darbydog06,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Here at the Harborside we strive to create a experience worth coming back too, so I am happy to see that you have just completed your sixth stay with us. We are in hopes that you enjoy all the in room and property amenities that we offer. I will be passing your kind words along to my staff as they work very hard to make every guest experience is a positive one.

We hope to welcome you back to the Harborside very soon!

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was very nice with a great location to town and the harbor. The ac unit in the room was a little loud. Also housekeeping could have paid a little more attention to details like the cobweb in the corner of the bathroom. Rooms were spacious and the beds comfy. We did think the resort fee was a little much given the room night price but that should not stop anyone from staying here. Staff was pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Char p,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay! At the Harborside we have very high standards, thank you for providing your constructive thoughts- I will personally share these comments with the appropriate staff as all guests comments are taken seriously in order to provide a great lodging experience for all guests. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our pleasant staff, they work very hard to ensure all guests have a great customer service experience.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Bar Harbor area, the Harborside will be your hotel of choice!

Lewistown
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location in downtown. The rooms are a little on the small side but it's to be expected in an old hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. We had quite a few in our group and it seemed like a lot of reservations were wrong. We ended up with two double beds and not a king. The hotel was very clean and within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Billiam 151,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! We have a great location, providing easy access to all great restaurants and shopping and a short drive to Acadia National Park- we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our property.

I would like to apologize for the overlooked room types- I trust that you were still able to enjoy your stay in that designated room, I will definitely be investigating this issue. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff, I am happy to hear that they were able to make some helpful recommendations.

maine
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My mother and I stayed at the Harborside for a ladies weekend! We enjoyed our time. We had a great view of the pool and our room was wonderful! The service we received was wonderful. Their restaurant was yummy! There was a power outage that night in all of Bar Harbor and their restaurant was one of only a handful that kept their doors open. The staff did a great job managing no power and still was serving the food that they could on the menu without ovens, which we highly appreciated because it was dinner time and after a long day we were starving. Our server (Diana C.) was fantatstic and worked really hard to make sure that our experience was the best it could be during this situation. I had the gluten free pizza (once the power came back on later in the evening) and it was amazing (the best I have had in a LONG TIME). I was really impressed with how serious our server took my allergy and how well the cooking staff took care to try and reduce cross contamination! We loved the pools as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank natty85
Dear natty85,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Harborside, and your recent visit to La Bella Vita. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our harbor-view rooms, and overall service during your stay. You mentioned the power outage, I am happy to hear that despite this power outage you were still able to enjoy your stay! I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to Diana C. at La Bella Vita, all of our staff works tirelessly to ensure all guests are accommodated to the best of our ability and I am pleased to see that these efforts are noticed by our guests.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Bar Harbor, The Harborside and La Bella Vita will be your hotel and dining places of choice.