“Had an amazing time!”

Harborside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. It's been a wonderful stay for my boyfriend and I. I splurged and booked the room with the hot tub. Let me tell you it was so worth it. Perfect for the day it was cool and rainy, and also coming back from a long hike. We used it everyday! The staff was so friendly and attentive. The ladies at the front desk were so helpful in answering all of my questions and giving directions. We had massages at their spa next door and it was lovely and relaxing. La Bella Vita restaurant is in the hotel and has amazing pizza and pasta. We ate there a few times. I recommend the pizza and passion mojito. The hotel is also prime location as everything is literally right there. We still have a couple of days left for our trip and if I come back to Bar Harbor I will definitely stay here again. Perhaps pricey, but you def get what you pay for and it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Dear angela3481,

I would like to thank you for sharing your amazing time with other travelers; it is always a pleasure to read about our guests experience while in Bar Harbor. On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our wonderful staff- they appreciate all the kind feedback provided by our valued guests. In my opinion, there is no better way to come back from a long day of hiking or a rainy day to a Jacuzzi ocean front room- I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations at the Harborside.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Bar Harbor!

With Hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Harborside Hotel & Marina

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel...well actually two stays! We enjoyed it so much we booked it on our return trip and extended our stay.

Also visited the hotel spa each stay and found the therapist to be outstanding and desk staff welcoming. Highly recommend a visit to the spa.

We had a room with a nice view of the harbor with a patio and enjoyed our meals at the hotel restaurant on an outside veranda. There was a Concierge in the lobby area that actually knew the area well and helped plan routes and book tours. Finally, we liked the hotel's convenient location right on the water and within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go in Bar Harbor.

I know everything here sounds positive but it was. The front desk staff handled our schedule changes and some special requests without a problem and with a positive attitude. I also don't think we passed any hotel employee that did not say "hi".

I travel quite a bit and this hotel and spa ranks high on my list. Already planning a return visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BJBBJB,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your July experience at the Harborside Hotel and Marina. We strive to provide great service, a clean and comfortable room with many amenities for all of our guests- it always a pleasure when our guests acknowledge their hard work.

Your review provides travelers with great feedback as to what our guest can look forward to while staying in Bar Harbor at the Harborside, we appreciate all the kind words!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

With Hospitality,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am staying here as we speak. I surprised my husband with a trip here for our 25th anniversary.
I have to say for the money we are being charged, there are a few issues. There were dirty dishes left in our hallway for over 24 hrs that we constantly had to walk by. I used the main bathroom in the lobby last night and it was atrocious! The trash barrel was overflowing with trash all over the floor, I honestly could not believe it! Definitely a lack of attention to detail. Our neighbor next door left his Jacuzzi going 24 hrs a day every day so far, can not even enjoy OUR Jacuzzi and deck. We have had 2 dinners and breakfast at the restaurant, service was great, but I had a dirty coffee cup at breakfast this morning. Checking out on Fri. have been here since Monday, I would have expected better treatment for the money that I paid for this trip, was hoping to make it a special trip for our 25th anniversary.

Dear Susan H,

I would like to thank you for providing great constructive feedback regarding your August stay at the Harborside. On behalf of the management team at the Harborside, I would like to apologize for the service failures causing your 25th anniversary trip to not live up to the standards guests have come to expect from the Harborside. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I would like to again apologize that we fell short in this pursuit. However I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the location and view of our property.

Your comments have been shared with our management team to help in the pursuit of our guest’s satisfaction.

If you choose to return to the Bar Harbor area, I hope you will contact me directly as I am very happy to assist.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great experience at Harborside. Very comfortable and nicely appointed hotel. The 2 pools are wonderful. Both great for kids and families but also relaxing and peaceful..not overcrowded and plenty of lounge chairs. Bar and food service available. Can't say enough about the large rooms with a great view of harbor. Literally steps from tons of things to do .. kayaking, paddle boarding, lobster boat tour and can walk across the "bridge" to Acadia Park Bar Island during low tide. Also could not be closer to restaurants and town. Totally convenient.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 5Mtravelers

Dear 5Mttravelers,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your summer stay at the Harborside, we appreciate the positive comments, beginning with the title of your review. We take pride in creating many family memories; we strive to make our property fun and relaxing for both adults and kids, so I was pleased to read your review complimenting the property for being comfortable for parties.

I would like to thank you again for you very kind words. We hope that if you return to the Bar Harbor area, the Harborside Hotel and Marina will be your lodging facility of choice!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a room with a jacuzzi on the deck facing the harbor. The sun rises were beautiful and the view of the harbor with boats coming and going with islands in the background was absolutely gorgeous. The location to downtown / Main Street was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jersey Josie,

Thank you for the great short but sweet review of your stay. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the view from the Jacuzzi on your balcony, it really does provide a spectacular view of the harbor. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the great location- close to many great restaurants in the area.

We are in hopes that if your travels bring you back to the Bar Harbor area the Harborside will be the hotel of choice!

Chris Torrey.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff throughout this hotel were warm and welcoming. Lobby has a constantly wood burning fireplace which is a nice touch. The spa facities are open to hotel guests. Absolutely beautiful grounds and views. I would've preferred the hotel sparing the Kuregs in every room & instead offer freshly brewed coffee in the morning. I was surprised the concierge did not completely understand how a guest without a car could visit Acadia Park. Specifically, there was a lack of knowledge on how the local shuttle system worked with regards to travel duration (FYI: avg ~50 min round trip on most shuttles) & where to go for various hiking trail start points. That being said, all of those answers were very well covered by the forrest rangers in their station by the Village Green which is where you pay for & pick up the shuttle.

Room Tip: Pick the 3rd or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank High-Five-NY

Dear High-Five-NY

Thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and do hope you are able to return for another visit in the future.

With Warm Hospitality,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here 6 years ago and loved it but time has not been kind. Location is great. Room is ok but very noisy, could hear water from room above, doors slamming,etc. went to the bar and there was dried food on the bar top and old slimy lime on the floor. This was at 2pm. I think there has been a lack of attention to detail. The hotel is quite expensive and there is a ridiculous resort fee tacked on. Resort fee is for use of the pool (never used it) bottle of water at check in (never received it) and wifi(didn't need it). Sadly we will be looking for another hotel for our next stay

Room Tip: We had an ocean view with a balcony. View is excellent
2  Thank Napadabema

Dear napabmea,

Your feedback regarding your visit with us is appreciated. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, or the standards that our resort holds itself to.

The comments we have gotten from other guests regarding the service in our new restaurant, La Bella Vita and Enoteca Lounge, have been very positive. I regret that you and your family did not receive the level of attention that was expected. The cleanliness issue has been brought to the attention of the staff.

Further, I am very sorry that you did not like your room accommodations.

I will be sure to share your comments with our management team, with the goal of improving upon the weaknesses you have identified.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your input, and for your recent stay with us.

Best regards,