This hotel is set on a phenomenal location right at the harbor. I came here with several other members of my family and we shared a 3 bedroom suite on the corner. We enjoyed being on the ground floor because we could walk out of our room and use the grass area and go right up to the fence of the harbor. Upon checking in it seemed as if one of the bedrooms hadn't been used in a long time. None of the lights worked and the sink was plugged up. Maintenance came quickly and fixed the problems but it was an annoyance to have to go through that. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seemed to me like the hotel has been recently renovated and they took an old property and tried to make it feel new and luxurious. They got about 90% right but you will notice many things that just are not quite right. This was fine for me on this trip, but if I was the one in charge of making another reservation I'm really not sure that this place would be worth the price that they charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina