Outstanding choice for Bar Harbor.
We were a bit reluctant when we saw this rating 16 out of 41 in Bar Harbor. It was, in a word OUTSTANDING! In my experience this should have been ranked TOP as it was a great hotel (see our other reviews). Classic rooms, with marble bathrooms, great bathrobes, and crisp white linens, the rooms are spacious and very CLEAN. The views are directly out to Frenchman's Bay. Our room had a mini-patio just off our sitting area, The bathroom featured a soaking tub (complete with bath salts) and a separate marble shower. The lobby had a warm inviting fireplace in the lobby (even in July, it was cool at night). Iced water in the lobby for your return from hiking Acadia or shopping Bar Harbor. The on site restaurant was great for casual fresh fare. Try the stuffed French bread - it is delicious! Next door is a full service Spa at the Harborside Club. We did not use the spa services, but the menu was extensive. The pool is heated (also a hot tub) and is as close to the water as you can get in Bar Harbor!
Our number one concern in a hotel is cleanliness (again, see our previous reviews). This is a very clean property. The amenities make is all the better, a GREAT hotel!
Classic, clean, and comfortable - we would stay there again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina