“Charming B&B in Bar Harbor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holbrook House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Holbrook House
Ranked #11 of 31 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
The Woodlands, Texas
“Charming B&B in Bar Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Perfect place for a relaxing getaway in a picture perfect location. The owners were great hosts that made us feel welcomed and right at home. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Bar Harbor.

This was our first visit to Maine and couldn't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay and this lovely B&B. We stayed in the Chantilly room and absolutely loved it! Must stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Highly recommend Holbrook House as a B&B in Bar Harbor. We were upgraded since it was a hot weekend and all the a/c units weren't installed -- so we stayed in the Garden Room instead of the Rose Room (where the bath was separate). All of the rooms look lovelier in person as I think the pictures are outdated on their site. The inn is maybe a 10 minute walk to town/the waterfront. Close drive to Acadia too. Loved the afternoon goodies/drinks that were left out! All of the bathrooms are private and the tables for breakfast are individual instead of communal if that is important to you. Breakfast, as everyone else stated, was great and original. We hope to come back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nyctraveler2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Lovely property, amazingly comfortable beds, friendly hosts, delightful breakfasts, and superb tea time pastries... Nestled within an easy 5 min stroll to the harbor. What a beautiful place, I'm so glad we picked Bar Harbor and Holbrook House. Thanks for having us!

P/s: I believe the pictures on their website are dated, the pictures do NOT do this place any justice. Stay and experience it for yourself!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank m4acca
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Bar Harbor. Eric and Michelle were wonderful hosts. Eric had great suggestions for restaurants and activities. The breakfasts were phenomenal! The room was very nice and the location was within a 5 to 10 minute walk of the restaurants and shops. It was everything that we were looking for at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My best friend and I decided to take a vacation to Bar Harbor when nobody else wanted to go anywhere last year. We found this place online and I must say, I fell in love! We had the Cadillac Suite (top floor) and the architecture and layout were simply brilliant! I love it so much and miss it every day. So much character. The owners are very involved and absolutely amazing people. The food is brilliant and mouth-watering. The afternoon treats drew me and my best friend "home" again early or we would drop in just to snack. High praise. Beautiful, beautiful inn. If I could move in, I would. I will stay NO WHERE else when I return. If you go here, you will be happy. Short walk everywhere. Exceptional food, exceptional cleanliness, exceptional service, exceptional personality in the house itself. Love, love, love. It would be a mistake to visit only in the fall. It's beautiful and wonderful all year round. Thank you for a wonderful stay and experience. I will return to Holbrook House as soon as I can! To Eric and Michelle (owners): thank you, thank you, thank you...and call me if you need extra help, because I'd likely quit my job just for you and your lovely inn!

Room Tip: The Cadillac Suite is perfect for couples with a few children or friends who want their own space. N...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
West Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed here for the second portion of our Bar Harbor visited. If we had known how wonderful it was, we would have stayed here the entire time. A beautiful, beautiful inn with excellent service. The rooms were gorgeous. Ours had stained glass between the bathroom and bedroom. Everything was exceptionally clean. The breakfasts were amazing. The Inn Keeper was extremely helpful in answering questions and providing suggestions for things to do. Parking was easy and onsite. It was a quick walk to downtown and we did not find it noisy even though our room faced the street. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our room w/ private bath was very nice, clean, spacious tub/shower bathroom. The room was small, with a very comfortable bed. We did not go there to spend time in our room so it was adequate. The food was excellent. Eric and Michelle are the owners. Michelle 's breakfasts were delicious with something different all all three mornings. Also available for early risers were breads, pastries, juices, coffee and tea. Michelle bakes all the breads and pastries. Eric was helpful and informative about restaurants, and a good history of Bar Harbor and the house. Be sure to go to Acadia National Park and Cadilac mountain. We took photographs, but a camera cannot capture the real beauty. My only complaint is there is no TV in the rooms. It would be nice to catch up on what is going on in the world. With no TV I tried to read, but the lighting was so poor that I could not read. Larger wattage bulbs would fix that problem. I would go back any chance I had.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a private bath, but it is across the hall. Ask before you book a room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends