We spent three nights at Edgewater in late May and had a wonderful time. Dave was most helpful with local area information, and the entire family and staff were very nice. We had Cottage 11 which had a nice set up with everything we needed. The heat lamp in the spacious bathroom was a big plus as it was still cool. Our cabin and the grounds were immaculate. Pride of ownership was evident all around the property. The location was perfect for visiting Acadia National Park and the entire "down east" area. Located off the main road on Old Bar Harbor Rd., there was very little traffic. We were a couple miles from the park entrance and three or four from the town of Bar Harbor. We enjoyed the outdoor seating overlooking Salisbury Cove on Frenchman's Bay. The on site laundry was a plus for us as we were on a road trip. I can understand why this property has numerous repeat guests. If we find our way back to the area from Colorado again we will be sure to enjoy another stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine