We hadn't been to Bar harbor in many years and we always stayed in-town. We decided to remove ourselves from the hustle and bustle and stay outside of town this time. The cost was a lot cheaper too. They really get you on the nightly rates in Bar Harbor. We decided to stay at Edgewater due to the reviews online. We stayed in the motel which was very nice. The rooms have been updated and they were very clean. The view overlooking Salisbury Bay was great. Enjoyed our morning coffee on the deck daily. Although we spent our days exploring the town and Acadia, we didn't feel like we were too far from anything. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to town and Acadia was about 5 minutes. It's definitely worth checking out. Something that would be nice to have by the beach would be a fireplace. The only con, and it's not their fault, would be the sand fleas. We sat briefly in the lawn chairs provided and they were jumping all over in swarms. We retreated to the room's balcony which was just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine