My husband and I just returned from an extra long weekend in Bar Harbor. When choosing a place to stay, I was hesitant to stay somewhere that you had to drive 10 minutes into town. We are so glad that we chose Edgewater. I honestly don't think we could have been happier anywhere else. The owners, David and Jane, were wonderful and very helpful with all of our questions. We stayed in the motel in room 23. At first I thought I might be disappointed not being in one of the cottages, but the motel was great. It's very well equipped-right down to a wine bottle opener. The room was remarkably clean and the water pressure in the shower was awesome (I hate when there's no water pressure)! We were also a little apprehensive about the lack of air conditioning. Maine was experiencing some of the warmest weather in years but with the cool air coming off of the bay we were actually chilly at night! The water view is gorgeous and the area is so peaceful. This is a one-of-a-kind establishment and was such a surprising enhancement to our fabulous vacation. DO NOT HESITATE TO STAY HERE!!!!!! Unless you're looking for the hustle & bustle and crowds in town, you can't possibly go wrong with the Edgewater. We can't wait to visit again next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine