Spent 2nd week of October there with my wife. Stayed in the Motel. Both motel & cottages have great views on the water front. Not the newest place, but great for the money. Used fireplace each night, very romantic. Large sliding glass doors with beautiful Bay view. Lobster boats moored in the bay. Off the road, so absolutely no traffic noise. Comfortable bed - for us. Owner made us feel right at home. Very knowledgeable of local area. Helped us pick out the best tour boat and lobster pound. No he doesn't take credit cards, but he lets you know that up front. We looked at a lot of more expensive places, but chose this one for $$ versus what you get. Would stay there again & recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine