My husband was on a business trip and we tagged along on vacation. We are repeat visitors to Bar Harbor so we weren't doing the "tourist" trip...we were fine with a regular hotel experience. The staff at Wonder View were all extremely helpful and friendly whenever we needed something. Many of them were young Europeans enjoying an experience working and traveling in America, and we enjoyed talking to them about their different countries. The restaurant on the top of the property is lovely and has delicious food, but we didn't feel the prices were merited, as the rest of the property is a bit dated...e.g., they actually use real keys, not key cards. However, it is very clean and well kept. Even though our bathroom had fixtures/windows from the 1970s, the carpets and bedding were all new. We were fortunate to have a room in one of the higher buildings with a perfect view of the harbor, but lower buildings on the property have no view at all...be aware when booking (not that the view matters when the fog rolls in...make sure you have other goals than scenic vistas when visiting Maine). We loved that the Wonder View is a stop on the Eden Street free shuttle route...very conveniently stops at the lobby, although Wonder View is actually close enough to walk to town. The pool was perfectly warm and clean, although the depth is marked as 3 feet instead of 6 feet in one place, oddly. Maybe it's one of those historic secrets. No microwave in the room, but fridge was pretty large. Beds were big and comfy, and plenty of extra pillows/blankets. For the price, considering the place is a bit dated, we would have appreciated more than just coffee in the lobby, e.g. a small breakfast spread or 4 p.m. wine and cheese as some other places do. Overall, we would gladly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine