Despite the name, not all of the rooms have a wonderful view. Our room was just a few doors down from the office and our view was of the grassy couryard bordered by tree tops. Not a bad view but certainly not wonderful. The room was clean and spacious but dated. For the price it was a good value. The Island bus stops right in the parking lot, so that was extremely convenient. The view from the restraunt was fantastic, so we were content with that since they are open early for breakfast and late for drinks. It's a pet friendly hotel, which is why we chose it. Convenient location to Bar Harbor (you can walk if you REALLY want to) and Cadillac Mountain. There are rooms with a view of the Harbor, but you need to request that when you make your reservation. All in all, it was a good place to stay and if we find ourselves on the island again we we'll stay at the Wonder View Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine