The only outstanding thing about this hotel is its location on a very beautiful park setting. However they bank on this one aspect and on the beautiful picture of a mouse on the internet to mainly fool guests as it really is just a dowdy, old and perfectly boring looking motel that, in another setting, would not be worth half the room price. Furthermore, one of the desk clerks (a blond looking East European sounding, young lady) could use a brush up in hotel manners. Staying for three nights and asking if we could get a room with a better view, her condescending answer was "You get what you pay for". In the next three days I saw that half the motel was empty so it wouldn't have been too much of an effort to please a customer. Also mattress was very uncomfortable, the small TV was in a very strange viewing position, the sink was just small enough for a 10 year old. BTW it would be nice to have a bit more than just coffee in the lobby....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine