“Quaint Get Away Spot”

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Manassas, Virginia
“Quaint Get Away Spot”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I had the privilege of staying in one of their wonderful cottages recently. The facilities were very clean, well maintained, and quiet. The grounds were well kept, and made for a very nice, private get away for the two of us. I would recommend Eden Village to everyone!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend stay!!

Room Tip: We didn't request anything special. The cottages were very quaint. However, the whole place se...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kenn K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
West Islip, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have been travelling to Bar Harbor every year since 2008, and we will always return to Eden Village. It has a great location, beautiful grounds and the owners are fantastic! The cottages are very clean and cozy. We love the fireplace after a long day of hiking. The beds are very comfortable and all the amenities of home are provided. We travel with our 3 children and an oversized dog, and always have more then enough room, never feeling cramped. I would recommend a stay at Eden Village to anyone travelling to the Bar Harbor area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Maura M
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Wow, I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the cottages and the meticuloously kept landscape. As a family we decided to take a break from our yearly beach vacation and get closer to Mother nature. Our morning walks on the cottage property were just what the doctor ordered to tighten our family bond even more. The staff made us feel like part of the family and had excellent advice as to what to visit. The cottages themselves have been extremely well maintained and in superior condition.I can't believe it, but my family has requested we return to "The Cottages" for summer vacation, mind you, these are teenage girls. They absolutely loved the area, the property grounds and believe it or not, hanging with mom and dad.
Mike Punch

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Steve C
Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our first time to Maine. We had a great time and we were very impressed with the hotel. We have vacationed in many areas of the country and this hotel is among the best we have stayed at. The room was great! Very very clean and the service was excellent. I highly recommend it and will be sure to stay here on our next trip to the area!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The staff was really nice to us, the cottage was impeccable, perfect conditions and a nice chimney. when we ask how to start the fire, they even gave us a big block of fire starters.
I am definitely going back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank vanes2sc
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I reserved the cottages for a stay to visit local college, I reserved the cottage over bookings.com, early in the year. I could not keep the reservation because my husband was diagnosis with brain and bone cancer. After his hospital stay he wasn't well enough to come home so he went into a nursing home, after 5 months he was allowed to come home but had to go back into the hospital because he had water on the brain that needed to be drained, after this he had numerous brain bleeds so we could not travel because of his health. I informed bookings.com but they told me the cancel was with the property. So a letter was sent to the property by my husbands physician. My Wyman Tapley of Eden Village contacted me and asked for my credit card information to cancel my reservation, Well this was a lie, when I called the office to give them my credit card information he then took money out of my account. I asked Mr. Tapley to refund my money because we were going out of state to get new treatment for my husband's cancer and I could use the money for expenses. To this day I have not heard from the man.

This may be a wonderful place to stay and I am not saying that it is not. I am just reporting the poor treatment and deception we encountered with Mr. Tapley.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
19 Thank dkm55
Berea, KY
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It has been a couple of years since we stayed here, but, it was very memorable in the positive way. I was looking online at some maps of Maine at colleges that my son is interested in playing football at. I decided to follow my trail where we vacated in Maine when my boys were younger (alas) and came back across Eden Village on Google Maps. I can't say enough about the place. We had been on the road for nearly two weeks when we got there and we took advantage of the fishing pond every chance we got. The owners, a husband and wife, were very gracious hosts and they provided my two boys with a basketball to play with at the hoop in the parking lot and even allowed them to feed the fish one day at the pond. The rooms were a little dated, but, the hospitality of the owners really trumped any negatives. We arrived with no reservations, but, got lucky that there was availability at the small hotel in the back. If you like to fish (need no license, private pond) and would rather not just sit around a room when you are relaxing on vacation, this place is great! Thanks to the owners for the nice....memorable...stay. If I ever get back up there from Kentucky...I would stop and stay again without a thought about it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family