“Very Child Friendly”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Roanoke, Virginia
“Very Child Friendly”
Reviewed 3 June 2006

We really enjoyed our stay at Eden Village. It is such a nice place for children - the screened in porches, pond with ducks, lawn swings and safe biking area made it an enjoyable stay them. We adults really enjoyed the location (very close the park entrance) and the cleanliness too! Great place.

Stayed May 2006
6 Thank ruthere04976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 May 2006

With hosts eager to please we had the most wonderful vacation. Our cottage was clean and tastfully decorated. We were able to fish in the pond in the evening, and nature hike during the day. This was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. we could eat in or grill out in our lovely cottage. Our hosts directed us for the best sight seeing in the area and recommended the best places to eat.They gave us discount passes for nearby tourist attractions. We truelly enjoyed our stay and looking forward to spending future vacations there. Sincerely, Todd , Karen & Sabrina Gaddey

Stayed August 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2006

My husband and I stayed here in September and it was wonderful. The cottage was extremely clean and very cozy. I enjoyed the fireplace in the cottage, the peddle boats on the ponds, the walking trail, and the hospitality from the owners and staff. This was a a great place to stay and I can't wait to visit again and again in the future.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

I've been staying at Eden Village for almost three decades and through two owners. The cottages and the motel are adorned with beautiful overflowing windowboxes full of colorful flowers.
I usually stay in the motel because I like the large open space rather than the quaintness of the cottage...but that's just my personal preference.
The motel rooms are clean and airy but every year I think to myself that I'll give the cottages a try next year because they are so cute.
While Eden Village is not as fancy as the Hilton, it's certainly more affordable.

It's located so that you can easily do day trips, return for a nap and still head back out to Main Street for food. shopping, a walk or listening to some music at one of the local places.

In my opinion there is no place like Bar Harbor. As I get older and have a little more cash, I've traveled father and more often, but come September Bar Harbor calls me back, every year. I never get tired of it.

Stayed September 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2006

We originally found Eden Village on the internet and were pleasantly surprised. While we only intended on spending a couple of days there while we visited Maine when ended up going back and spending a few more. While EV isn't fancy and modern it is clean, quiet and a definite value.

7 Thank ZEICHMAN
Reviewed 11 January 2006

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Eden Village. The fishing in the pond was entertaining but laying under the star light sky watching the shooting starts was the best. The cottage was cozy and had everything we needed. The only thing I wasn't crazy for was the mini grill. We would like to have had a full size grill that you don't have to sit on the ground to get at. I put a picture of that on here.
We hope to stay again this coming year.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 January 2006

anyone looking for a place to stay on mt. desert island (bar harbor) should definetly check this place out. you cant beat the price of a cottage for a week anywhere. the cleanliness and hospitality provided by the owners, bob and gail, was tremendous, they are very easy to get a hold of before and during the trip and they help you out if there are problems with getting to their cottages. the cottages seem small but are very nice and have the amenities needed for everyday living including a small kitchenette. only 5 minutes to downtown bar harbor and easy access to any place else on the island. we had a great time and would definetly liked to spend more time there!!!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member