I am a fan of boutique hotels or isolated cottages with serene ameniies. Eden village was a good choice for this.
The property is equidistant from Bar Harbor (4 miles), Arcadia Park (3 miles) SouthWest Harbor (10 miles), and Mom-and-Pop lobster shops (3 miles).
Cottages were clean, and adequately supplied with everything you'd need for a home away from home. Service was excellent.
Likewise, their friendliness, and help with the area is the winner here. Their knowledge of the area and things to do in Bar Harbor are more helpful and accurate than any book or website I could find. Gail even supplied a cooking pot for the live lobsters we bought!
If you are looking for a cookie-cutter hotel right in the heart of Bar Harbor, then this is not a place for you. If you are looking for a unique experience with special amenities, like private ponds, nature walks and your own fireplace, and don't mind driving, then this is a solid choice.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eden Village, a vacation resort situated on 25 beautifully landscaped acres offers vacationers clean comfortable motel and cottages (cabins) accommodations only minutes from Bar Harbor Center, Acadia National Park and the shore. All cottages are housekeeping units with kitchenettes. Motel rooms have a/c in season and some with kitchenettes. Fish or pedal boat at no charge in our private pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Eden Village Motel and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Village Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Eden Village Hotel
- Eden Village Motel And Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine