“A Great Find”

Eden Village Motel and Cottages
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2006

Outstanding value in the motel section. Terrific hosts. Well manicured grounds around cabins motel and pond. Quiet, clean rooms with a little bit of nostalgia added in the room. Far enough from downtown to be out in the country, yet close enough to restaurants and the The Cat to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia

• Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 8 June 2006

I am a fan of boutique hotels or isolated cottages with serene ameniies. Eden village was a good choice for this.

The property is equidistant from Bar Harbor (4 miles), Arcadia Park (3 miles) SouthWest Harbor (10 miles), and Mom-and-Pop lobster shops (3 miles).

Cottages were clean, and adequately supplied with everything you'd need for a home away from home. Service was excellent.

Likewise, their friendliness, and help with the area is the winner here. Their knowledge of the area and things to do in Bar Harbor are more helpful and accurate than any book or website I could find. Gail even supplied a cooking pot for the live lobsters we bought!

If you are looking for a cookie-cutter hotel right in the heart of Bar Harbor, then this is not a place for you. If you are looking for a unique experience with special amenities, like private ponds, nature walks and your own fireplace, and don't mind driving, then this is a solid choice.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006
10  Thank rippedmass
Delaware
Reviewed 8 June 2006

The owners were very accomadating and friendly. It was an early time and they were still opening from the winter shut down,but our cabin was spotless and ready. We travel with 2 4lb yorkies and it means a lot to be able to take them. A wonderful place. It is nice to be able to walk around the grounds and lake.

Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2006

We really enjoyed our stay at Eden Village. It is such a nice place for children - the screened in porches, pond with ducks, lawn swings and safe biking area made it an enjoyable stay them. We adults really enjoyed the location (very close the park entrance) and the cleanliness too! Great place.

Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank ruthere04976
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 May 2006

With hosts eager to please we had the most wonderful vacation. Our cottage was clean and tastfully decorated. We were able to fish in the pond in the evening, and nature hike during the day. This was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. we could eat in or grill out in our lovely cottage. Our hosts directed us for the best sight seeing in the area and recommended the best places to eat.They gave us discount passes for nearby tourist attractions. We truelly enjoyed our stay and looking forward to spending future vacations there. Sincerely, Todd , Karen & Sabrina Gaddey

Stayed: August 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 May 2006

My husband and I stayed here in September and it was wonderful. The cottage was extremely clean and very cozy. I enjoyed the fireplace in the cottage, the peddle boats on the ponds, the walking trail, and the hospitality from the owners and staff. This was a a great place to stay and I can't wait to visit again and again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2006

I've been staying at Eden Village for almost three decades and through two owners. The cottages and the motel are adorned with beautiful overflowing windowboxes full of colorful flowers.
I usually stay in the motel because I like the large open space rather than the quaintness of the cottage...but that's just my personal preference.
The motel rooms are clean and airy but every year I think to myself that I'll give the cottages a try next year because they are so cute.
While Eden Village is not as fancy as the Hilton, it's certainly more affordable.

It's located so that you can easily do day trips, return for a nap and still head back out to Main Street for food. shopping, a walk or listening to some music at one of the local places.

In my opinion there is no place like Bar Harbor. As I get older and have a little more cash, I've traveled father and more often, but come September Bar Harbor calls me back, every year. I never get tired of it.

Stayed: September 2005