“Wonderful location..quaint New England Inn”
Review of Seacroft Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Seacroft Inn
Ranked #25 of 29 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here 5 nights in room 5a. Cannot beat the price or the location (steps away from shore path and the village green and the heart of downtown). Room 5a was as advertised..queen bed (although I think it was more a double size), day bed, full bath (tub and shower), kitchen with full size refridgerator, sink and microwave but no stove or oven. small dining table with bench seating and a sliding door going out to a small deck (belongs to unit 5a but not all that private), WiFi seems to work good and the room is a nice size for a couple. As advertised breakfast is extra if you desire and Bunny was very accomodating at check-in. There is a common area open at 7am for coffee and tea. The unit also had air conditioning but it was cool enough not to have to turn it on. I know some previous reviewers had commented on how they thought the place was run down and in need of paint and etc, but I found it very well kept and the grounds spacious with grass with some lawn chairs, and easy private parking on-site. Again the biggest draw for me was the price and the location.

Room Tip: Check out their website with pictures and descriptions of each room to suit your needs
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don49680

Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the 1st B&B we have ever stayed in. Our room #3 was beautiful.You can tell Bunny is an artist by her great color schemes. This is a truly Great location 1/2 block to shops and restaurants and in the other direction you are right on the shore path. The street is very quiet which allows for a relaxing time and great sleeping ( aside from light coming in by 5am). The breakfast is not included but there is a great place close by ( Cafe This Way). I would definitely recommend this place and go back again. Thanks again Bunny.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed in room 5 first floor. Great room, Great location. Close to everything. Bunny's breakfast baskets are the best, homemade muffins and fruit and Juice. Bunny is a fountain of information and a love. Thanks bunny.
PS. the ice cream shop i just up the hill.

Room Tip: All good you should go
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chunkyman
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We've stayed here two years now. The location cannot be beat, as others have said. Walk to all the stores, all the restaurants, the ocean front, the cruise dock. Yet it's well off on a side street so there is no town noise. Short drive (5 miles?) to the park entrance. I do agree with the gent who said you probably do not want to be on the first floor but if that was all they had I'd take it. Didn't hear the noise someone spoke of but we were on the pier at 7AM not in bed. It's true the place is old and could use paint here and there but it's an old New England Inn. I'd skip the morning muffin basket and sample one of the many breakfast places. I saw someone gave the place a 2 for value. Well, step onto the lawn and you can literally see other places that rent for three times as much. That's a fact. It makes no difference to your stay but I didn't get such great vibes from Bunny as some folks. Maybe next time I should wear a bra.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor if possible. Ask for the ocean side (back side). But I'd take anything if nece...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Louetta
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I recently spent two nights @ Seacroft room #2. The entire place is in desperate need of updating and a paint job. The place could use a good cleaning as well. The Berber carpet in the room was really dirty and the furnishings are really old. The bathroom was not in our room but outside in the common hallway. if we needed to use the bathroom at night, we had to get dressed to go out into the hallway. There was no buffer from the other rude guests that were constantly slamming the doors and speaking loudly at 7 am. This went on both mornings. There was no way to sleep past that time because of the noise. When you are on vacation it would be nice to sleep in a little. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for something better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Summer D
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We were in town for a wedding on the 4th of July weekend and wanted to stay some place clean, not too expensive and within walking distance to town. The Seacroft was perfect! The only drawback for us was the location of the room we stayed in (Number 1). The room itself was nice enough, but three of the windows were right on the front porch of the Inn and the other window (that was directly behind the head of the bed) faced the parking area. For the sake of privacy we had to close all the windows and curtains and turn on the air conditioning. I would stay there again in a minute, but I would definitely choose a second floor room.

Room Tip: If you want privacy, choose a second floor room, or one on the back right side of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KandSD
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My wife and I have been vacationing at the Seacroft Inn for the past 10+ years and each visit is special. After driving for 12 hours covering 650 miles from our home in Pennsylvania we reach our "second" home. Maine and Bar Harbor in particular captured our hearts the first time we visited and with each subsequent visit it becomes harder to leave. The Inn is conveniently located on a quiet side street just a short walk away from the shops or the ocean. Bunny is the ideal hostess. She greets us each year like a friend and makes sure our stay is comfortable and relaxing. Her rates are terrific and her breakfasts are fresh and tasty. We've always dreamed of owning our own B&B and patterning it after the Seacroft. I can't think of a better place to stay and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple