My heart sank when we walked into our room 6201. Downright depressing. At almost $200/night I expected more. The room was dark and grim. The room safe and several lights didn't work. Ours was one of the only oceanview rooms with a view obstructed by trees. The room seemed thrown together. I should have complained but we had already unpacked. I learned later that some of the rooms has been renovated why we drew the short straw i do not know, since we were here for 3 nights and has reservations long in advance, but will not take a chance here again Breakfast was fine with a variety of bready and cereal choices. Nature Cruise tour boat leaves from here. This was convenient and the tour guide was very good. The island explorer free shuttle also stops right at the property which is convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine