We stayed at the Atlantic Oceanside for a week in October, 2013. Both the bathroom and the room itself were very big. We had a balcony overlooking the bay and it was so enjoyable. Coffee on the balcony with the beautiful view was great. We booked one of their package deals and it was a bargain. It included a dinner at the beautiful Reading Room Restaurant with an ocean front view. This restaurant was voted one of the top 500 restaurants in the world back in 2007-8. The food was fantastic. The package deal included a free bus tour of the park and a ride on the Schooner Margaret Todd. Even though the schooner ride was recommended to us, we didn't go, because the weather was rainy, cold, and very windy. The hotel is about an hour away from Bangor, Maine,. Go there and take the Stephen King tour. Very informative and enjoyable. Visit the LL Bean outlet in Ellsworth and in Bangor. The Chart restaurant a short distance from the hotel is another great seafood place. Our package deal included two full breakfasts and both were delicious. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate too. Only problem was that the bathtub was very slippery, but we solved that by buying a bath mat at the hardware store in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine