We spent three nights at the Atlantic Oceanside in in the beginning of October. It was a getaway for my husband and myself. After almost a ten hour ride, I was praying that our choice of where to stay would make it worthwile. We were not dissapointed. We stayed in the newest building and had a wonderful ocean view. The rooms were very current, very well kept, and amazingly clean. Great shower, hated to get out of it every day! My husband got up every day to go into town to capture the sunrise, and every evening to capture the sunset. It was a very quick 5 minute drive to the center of town, and I like the peacefulness of where we were located as compared to staying in town. The Bistro was wonderful for breakfast...lots to choose from. With the package we chose, we got two free breakfasts that were very generous, so the continental breakfast would have been just fine. We also had a dinner included at the Bar Harbor Hotel which was amazing. Also had dinner at Poorboy's on Main Street which was wonderful too.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk was so accommodating with giving us directions and maps to drive along the coast, and pointed out areas of interest to us. Since Arcadia National Park was closed, we just drove along the coast through to Camden which was lovely. We were sorry to leave, and will be returning to this lovely place. Scenery is just beautiful. If you've ever thought about visiting Maine, this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine