“Excellent Facility”

Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We (3 cousins) came to the area for a baby shower in Ellsworth, but couldn't pass up an opportunity to see and stay in fabulous Bar Harbor.
Our room was a delight with a balcony and fantastic view of the ocean. All of the appointments were far above expectations, and all areas were immaculate.
The included hot and cold breakfast was particularly tasty, and had choices for everyone.
All staff we interacted with were gracious and pleasant.
I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it HIGHLY to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am a guest a few times each year at the ACH for business. I love the new building and beautiful rooms.From the person who took my phone reservation to the moment I left the property, I had a relaxing three night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 978travler
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Clean room, great breakfast and friendly staff. My wife is a germafobe, so her only complaint was that fact that your maids wash the coffee mugs in the bathroom sink. They should be taken to the kitchen and cleaned in the dishwasher! Also, the hot tub looked dirty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We checked in on Friday Feb. 14th. We were greeted by a very pleasant and efficient young lady upon arrival.
The room was spacious, clean and had a great view of the ocean. What really stood out was exceptional service from every employee we made contact with. We experienced a storm on Saurday night that left more than 2 feet of snow. On Sunday morning we went to a very good continental beakfast and we were wondering how we would get our vehicle out of it's space. As we returned to our room we noticed that not only had the lot been plowed but all of the vehicles were cleaned and shoveled out. Kudos to the entire staff of this hotel.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We spent a long weekend in Acadia cross country skiing. The hotel was very clean, nicely furnished, comfy beds and linens with easy access to Bar Harbor. The price off-season was certainly right. We would stay again off-season at this hotel.

The breakfast was okay, typical continental style. It could have used a little less processed foods and more homemade type items.

Room Tip: We had a balcony room but I think all of the rooms have an ocean view which is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Coming into the area, new to the area, it was confusing and difficult to know which of the buildings had the poorly marked lobby. Once found, check in was done in a respectable amount of time by the front desk clerk. Who then proceeded to very fast ramble off a long list of information of things which included something about breakfast. I asked if he would repeat it all, but please slow down. I am sure to him he had heard it a thousand times, but to me it was the first and it did me no good to just rattle it off quickly. He repeated it again but in a very slow condescending tone! The room was in a separate building, with the best part being that it overlooked the water. Great view. I didn't visit the pool because I didn't think it would be advisable to get wet hair and then have to walk or drive back to my building in the cold. Breakfast was served in the lower level of the main building which was separate from the building where my room was located. Everything was scattered and had no rhyme or reason to where anything was placed. I didn't find the breakfast to be anything special and looked like they put more time into making it look pretty than to actually provide some descent food choices. Nor did I feel the mostly numerous choices of breads and pastries was very fresh. The hotel is far from town and requires a 5-10 minute drive depending on the heavy uncongenial traffic while dodging a plethora of pot holes. It should be noted that the hotel is on Highway 3 which is an extremely busy highway, which makes it, depending on traffic and considering everyone drives faster than the speed limit, extremely difficult a lot of the time to exit the hotel to make the left hand turn to head into Bar Harbor. We found the areas roads to be the worst condition of all the northeast states! We also found the locals very rude to anyone new to the area and showed their disdain to you by riding your bumper even though you were driving 5 miles per hour over the speed limit. The hotel provided a list of restaurants that were open in winter, but it was found to be inaccurate and worse, the front desk clerk showed apathy in regards to its errors. Few streets were signed, and those that were had such small letters, it was hard to see the name of the street to turn on, all the while someone is riding your bumper! With all the difficulty we had and the high cost, a good argument could be made to save a good chunk of your money and stay in Ellsworth, and instead just making a quick in-and-out trip to Acadia or Bar Harbor.

1  Thank TraveLotsnLots
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have been to Bar Harbor, Me many times over the past 25 years and this is our first time to stay at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. The rooms are nice but when I went into the bathroom there was brown hair strands in the sink and I found out that we only have a shower, no tub .
I even aked if any of the rooms had tubs and was told no.... We went to the "heated pool" which is only about 70 degrees at the most and there are no changing rooms to use , only the main bathrooms to change into your bathing suit. When I used the shower in the room there was brown hair in the shower also. For the money I was not happy that the indoor pool was not even warm!! The view is wonderful and the area is great....

1  Thank HollsinSavannah