I stayed for a week in June while running a meeting at the nearby college. The room was nicely appointed with a generous sink, nice tub with an adjustable shower head and extra hooks on the door AND wall (Thanks!). Everything was clean and neat. Microwave, safe and large fridge were useful. Wish I had known there was a DVD player. Wireless worked well and the desk chair was EXCELLENT. We were on the first floor and had a nice walk-out patio with chairs and table. Breakfast was generous and the coffee was great (always a plus!). We did not swim in the pools but other guests said they were nice although cold (June!). Small beach to wade in. Beautiful piers and a boat tour dock right at the hotel. The desk staff varied widely from very good to flaky...if you don't get the answer you want, call back. Negatives: my room door was left ajar by housekeeping so my key did not work when I came back. Front desk sent someone over with my key and they helped me check my room. My colleagues had trouble with their safes (locked on arrival...didn't work right). My only negative...the restaurant (which I think is leased to a different management group) had terrible service and the food was not up to Bar Harbor standards. Go somewhere else for dinner. Otherwise I loved this place and will try to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine