Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bayview(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)
Edenbrook Motel(Bar Harbor)
Highbrook Motel(Bar Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
1,271 results
All reviewsnew buildingmain buildingatlantic buildingindoor poolnature cruiseocean viewseveral buildingscontinental breakfastacadia national parkoff seasonfrenchman bayhot tubprivate balconyin townfirst floorthe staff was friendly and helpfulbagels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

You really do get a full ocean view from these rooms and that with the fact they are beautiful and clean made us very satisfied with our stay here. The continental breakfast is sufficient and the service was there as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationmore1
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel on TA. I'm glad that you enjoyed the views from your room and I must say that I love the views from my office here too.

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is lovely. Great food and nice location. If Eden is place by the ocean I sure enjoy their garden. Rooms are clean and nice views. Pools if you swim and food has been added for people not wanting to go to town. Sightseeing places close by and location of Island Explorer pickup. Nice place. Only drawback i see is the ferry to Portland has been stopped. The Cat ferry? Why not run the ferry again? Enjoy this place ????

Room Tip: yes Ocean side with walk out to or balcony with view of???
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week and had a nice experience. Our room overlooked the water. Breakfast starts from around 6:30 am until 10 a.m. and has the following Cinnamon bread, plain bread, wheat bread, English muffins, bagels, cream cheese, jam, blueberry muffins and cinnamon rolls, Orange and other juices, Fresh yogurt, fresh cut fruit, bananas, apples and Fresh coffee. They do have a special breakfast menu which you can order and pay.

We took the free shuttle bus Eden 2 to downtown Bar Harbor. The shuttle service is excellent. It is not easy to find a parking spot in downtown.

We had an enjoyable stay. The hotel staff is very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M C
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed for a week in June while running a meeting at the nearby college. The room was nicely appointed with a generous sink, nice tub with an adjustable shower head and extra hooks on the door AND wall (Thanks!). Everything was clean and neat. Microwave, safe and large fridge were useful. Wish I had known there was a DVD player. Wireless worked well and the desk chair was EXCELLENT. We were on the first floor and had a nice walk-out patio with chairs and table. Breakfast was generous and the coffee was great (always a plus!). We did not swim in the pools but other guests said they were nice although cold (June!). Small beach to wade in. Beautiful piers and a boat tour dock right at the hotel. The desk staff varied widely from very good to flaky...if you don't get the answer you want, call back. Negatives: my room door was left ajar by housekeeping so my key did not work when I came back. Front desk sent someone over with my key and they helped me check my room. My colleagues had trouble with their safes (locked on arrival...didn't work right). My only negative...the restaurant (which I think is leased to a different management group) had terrible service and the food was not up to Bar Harbor standards. Go somewhere else for dinner. Otherwise I loved this place and will try to come back!

Room Tip: I liked the walk out on the first floor in the northern building...but higher up would be a better view. There were other buildings closer to the water but I didn't see them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I would highly recommend the Atlantic Oceanside Resort and Conference Center as the perfect wedding location. For my daughter we chose to rent the Willows for the family and wedding party and it was completely charming and mystical. I fell in love with this 1913 mansion the moment I saw it. We spent 2 glorious days enjoying the beautiful mansion on the ocean. It has 13 rooms and could easily accommodate the wedding party. The rooms were large and spacious and many of them had balconies facing the ocean. Lauren the wedding coordinator could not have been more helpful and on her game with every detail. She made the planning part easy. We all enjoyed a perfect outside lobster bake on the lawn overlooking the ocean and enjoyed the sunset for the rehearsal dinner. The ceremony took place on the lawn with the gazebo and the backdrop of Frenchmans Bay. Afterwards the reception was held in the conference center which could easily accommodate our guests for the festivities. Sangeeva the chef worked his magic and helped my daughter pick a menu for her budget and still offer a tantalizing and unique menu which included a pasta station. Each guest was able to choose their ingredients and have their pasta prepared for them in seconds. There are many more things I could add that went along with making this wedding into a fairytale at this property. The day of the wedding many guests enjoyed the beautiful outside pool and hot tub. If you are looking for a captivating wedding location in Bar Harbor that is affordable this should be your number one choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
tony b, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to host your daughters wedding at the Atlantic Oceanside Resort and Events Center. This is truly a unique property in Bar Harbor and we are proud to be a part of so many major events in the lives of our guests. The Willows has so much history and is perfect for weddings and family events.

We are always grateful to our guests that take the time to wright a review and tell others how special this place is. Our wedding planner Lauren, is passionate about what she does and I believe that it showed with the success of your event.

All my best,