We receintly stayed in Bar Harbor for a two night stay at the Atlantic Oceanside Inn. The room was lovely. It was clean and the views of the water are beautiful. The balcony is a great place to start the morning with a cup of coffee. The guest in the next room was on their phone in a heated conversation which took away from the ambience but after a few loud throat clearings, they got the message and moved their conversation inside.The property was a little further from town that I had anticipated but we never had a problem finding parking and Acadia was right around the corner.
The reason I am giving three stars is the service needs a bit of a tune up. The arrival process was fine but service was lacking everywhere else. No one went out of their way to be welcoming or warm. I had a bizarre experience with breakfast one morning. They stop service at 10am. I left the breakfast room to use the restroom and when I came back the door was locked. There were three employees standing outside the door and I asked to be let in and they said "I think breakfast is over". I stated that I knew that but my family was still inside and I needed to get back in. They looked at me like I had two heads, shrugged and went on their merry way. As a result, I walked through the kitchen. As I was maknig my way through the kitchen, everyone just looked at me. Um, was no one alarmed a guest was walking through a commercial kitchen?!! Not safe and alarming that no one would ask if I needed anyting!!! Instead of locking the door, why not put a banquet post outside the door announcing breakfast is over or post an employee for ten minutes? A guest should NEVER walk through your kitchen! I manage a luxury hotel and was aghast that this took place!
The propoerty is lovely and well kept. With a few service trainings, they could be much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine